Reason essential 8 advice

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Thesim

12 Apr 2015

Hi I'm new here and read through all the different threads and it seams like a good place to be :)

I need some advice on essential 8 as I left reason a couple of years ago but want to come back as the workflow just works for me. Cash is tight at the moment so I thought essential might be a good idea and add what I want via rack extension when needed, this appeals also as I want to utilise what I actually have instead of jumping from one device to another. My concern is that I might regret it and wish I had saved and bought full reason 8 but looking at the comparison chart the general functionality of the program seams to be there in essential.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Simon

Gaja

12 Apr 2015

I advise you this: write a private message to a user called challism. He claims to be selling a Reason license for a mere 125$! I don't know if it's Reason 8, but if not you'd be able to get a full Reason 8 license for 254$, which is still cheaper than upgrading to 8 from Essentials and has more functionality. The mixer channels alone are worth going that route. Yes Essentials alone is only 99$, but there's no thor, which is easily worth more than essentials in terms of flexibility and UI layout.
Of course Essentials is a fun program, but as a longtime Reason user I can't stand having the most fun part stripped away from me.
In he end it's for you to decide. The used license route will cost more than essentials standalone, but is -@129$- cheaper to upgrade to the latest Reason version than essentials @279$.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

The Tone Ranger

12 Apr 2015

Essentials is great for beginners but as you're coming back to Reason I think you should get the full version.

Thesim

12 Apr 2015

Cheers guys, yes my instinct is that I will quickly regret not going full version. @gaja I have sent that guy a message and waiting too hear back so thanks for that.

Thesim

13 Apr 2015

Ok just to update, I ended up getting a good deal on a reason 7 license so cheers for the input

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2015

You have Thor, your life begins.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information