DJing/playing live with Reason feature idea

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scifunk

11 Apr 2015

Seeing as Reason can run multiple song at the same time I'd like to see a 'mixer' feature that enables you to sync two song windows together. The 'mixer' (that should probably be called REMixer) could have the features of the rack so you could add your own EQ and fx in a combinator type fashion to assignable knobs laid out like a typical mixer. 

submonsterz

11 Apr 2015

Wouldn't it just be the same as having ya recorded tracks leaded into one reason session and using the free fader to fade between tracks ?? It's easy to set up complex mixing with a few melon faders.
I see no gain in a device as you say unless it could add add features like pitch snapping ie bpm detection and add scrubbing too the list too . The best option is to export and use the mp3/dj method you may all ready have . Instead of wishing on props to make such a thing happen. It will save you a lot of pain and anguish in the long wait for such things from props ; ).

GRIFTY

11 Apr 2015

The fact that reason doesn't support any kind of back cue-ing makes DJing pretty tough for me in reason. I'd super appreciate..... Just jog wheel support! Cue points and sync would just be icing on the cake. All it would need to become a monster DJ rig is jog wheel support and some audio device to let you beat match with it

selig
RE Developer

11 Apr 2015

scifunk wrote:Seeing as Reason can run multiple song at the same time I'd like to see a 'mixer' feature that enables you to sync two song windows together. The 'mixer' (that should probably be called REMixer) could have the features of the rack so you could add your own EQ and fx in a combinator type fashion to assignable knobs laid out like a typical mixer. 
Just one note - the 14:2 mixer is called the ReMix(er) in Reason, so you'd have to find a different name…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

clone

11 Apr 2015

Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but, that's not djing. Having a software or sequencer do the mixing for you?

mayzon

13 Apr 2015

clone wrote:Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but, that's not DJing. Having a software or sequencer do the mixing for you?
Its subjective, I always say DJing is about the end product. Yes you can have a program beat match but any serious DJ can beat match in their sleep.
Sculpting the sound with EQ, effects and tune selection are more important IMHO.
Beat matching can be useful in a live performance environment if mixing/remixing with 4 decks for example. 

I can't really condone beat sync when only using 2 decks though but the OP could be onto something! 

submonsterz

13 Apr 2015

mayzon wrote:
clone wrote:Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but, that's not DJing. Having a software or sequencer do the mixing for you?
mayzon wrote:
Its subjective, I always say DJing is about the end product. Yes you can have a program beat match but any serious DJ can beat match in their sleep.
Sculpting the sound with EQ, effects and tune selection are more important IMHO.
Beat matching can be useful in a live performance environment if mixing/remixing with 4 decks for example. 

I can't really condone beat sync when only using 2 decks though but the OP could be onto something! 

lol most of the dj`s I`ve come across now days give em vinyl even 4 to floor stuff they fail miserably they need beat matching lol.
give em some old skool house on vinyl you know the ones that had odd timings and they just give up its soo funny then my old skool m8`s that are hip hop dj`s give them anything and they can finger match beats speed up`s and slow down`s live bang on :) .

GRIFTY

13 Apr 2015

I knew even mentioning sync at all would be a mistake lol. You guys missed my main point entirely just to focus on and shit on beat sync.

Lemme phrase it clearly though "it would be great if reason had jog wheel/timecode support for audio tracks, wouldn't it?" So then you could use a DJ controller within reason to manipulate and beat match

• Information