Volume Problem Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
intensityxc

08 Apr 2015

Hey Guys, 

Here is my Problem:

Sometimes when i load a new sound into my rack or sth similiar, its toooo loud,it almost destroys my ears.

the volume of my Macbook which im working on is on the loudest (highest? sry for my english). thats how it should be right? but in Reason the sounds are too loud. 

how can i fix it? 

Working with Audio interface Motu Audio Express Hybrid. Volume is set to -6. do i need to put it more down? how exactly should be the setting?

i mean at the latest when u gonna mix/master your songs thats gonna be a huge problem.

Thx Guys, im a new member here since the propellerhead team closed their forums. (idiots!!!)

selig
RE Developer

08 Apr 2015

Too loud compared to what? Compared to a youtube video, a commercial mix, or to other patches?

Obviously if your speakers are too loud, turn them down, but I don't think that's the question you're asking here…

My question would be "what levels are you seeing in Reason" and go from there.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

intensityxc

08 Apr 2015

louder than other patches. and im on my headphones. Music/youtube videos etc arent that loud. but just many patches are extremely loud.

Olivier

08 Apr 2015

Some patches give me that impression too.. Usually they are heavy limited and maximized, with no dynamics control whatsoever. I hear this more often with with various EDM/Dance/trance whatnot patches. Its as if they are dialed in so loud that they fill the meter on their own. And why shouldn't it ? A sound this epic doesn't need nor tolerates anything else, so lets make it loud !

I just dial them down.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

intensityxc

08 Apr 2015

lol allright. thx for the advice 

• Information