launching with ignition key

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mich01

06 Apr 2015

Hi All,

I upgraded to R 8.2 (works fine btw). Normally I work on my desktop, which is authorized permanently. But today I wanted to launch R8.2 on my laptop. The only way I can launch it is by internet verification. Though my ignition key is inserted in my laptop and I installed the latest codemeter I cannot find a way to launch Reason with my ignition key.
On my PH-product page the ignition key is registered for R8. Also my RE's are registrated.
What do I do wrong? Anyone has a tip?

Thanks

Michel

Mich01

06 Apr 2015

One way or another, the biggest part of my problem is solved now. Curious enough I don't know what I did or 'undid', but R8 recognizes my ingnition key. The only problem left is that some (free) RE's are not registered on the key. I don't know if this is a part of the deal free RE's. For example some of the free polymodular stuff of Blamsoft.
Anyone knows?

Michel

Puckboy2000

06 Apr 2015

Did u change laptops since u first got that ignition key??? I had the same problem even though I updated my computer on the ignition key. It took me a few rounds of deleting the computer and re-registering it and it finally worked. I think it somehow was still linked to the old computer. I believe instead of updating it with the new computer I had to totally delete it then add the new lap top the the ignition key. Good luck. :)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

kloeckno

06 Apr 2015

With the Ignition Key inserted, try going to the Props site and doing the "Sync All" option on the My Account page

jappe

06 Apr 2015

I had the same problem and solved it by manually downloading a couple missing REs on the machine with 8.2. (Sync All downloads trial RE's too right!? Didn't want that, and for some odd reason I don't see no button to delete an RE  trial version in my Prop account)

Mich01

07 Apr 2015

I probably will download the missing RE's when I need them on my laptop. As said it's not the main machine I work on, so it's not that big problem.

Thanks for your replies though.

Michel

Ronin

07 Apr 2015

I had the same thing the other day. "sync all" is the solution.

ps. you can delete REs in authorizer, not the website.

• Information