RE - Phone Home...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

03 Apr 2015

Reason is in contact with Propellerhead when you fire it up to check for updates now.
Same with Reaperfor some time now.
Some VSTs  check in with their devs for purchases, demoes etc.

Can Rack Extensions call home with usage or anything?

syncanonymous

03 Apr 2015

I am really not hip on auto updates. I spend a lot of my time in areas of very slow inet. I hope we have the option to turn auto updates off!
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

Ostermilk

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:Reason is in contact with Propellerhead when you fire it up to check for updates now.
Same with Reaperfor some time now.
Some VSTs  check in with their devs for purchases, demoes etc.

Can Rack Extensions call home with usage or anything?
Reason has had a checkbox which you can optionally turn of in Preferences/Advanced/Send usage reports since v7... if you don't want it to.  The data files for that are stored in (on Windows) %appdata%/propellerhead sofware/Reason/Reason X.X usage statistics.json if you look in that file with a text editor you can see what kind of information is being sent there.

Other than that I'm not sure what data gets sent 'home' regarding your usage and I for one would like to see more clarity as to what is going down the line myself.  Not that I think anything sinister is happening but I do like companies that openly declare what does or doesn't get sent back to them in the way of data.

If you are really concerned meantime though you could turn off your network while you are working or block any outgoing traffic by some other means.

I also make sure there are no holes in the tin foil suit I generally wear.

• Information