long wave file does not show full lenght

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ahs

03 Apr 2015

i have bounced a long session as wav file. after importing this wav file it shows only a fraction of the origanl length. if i duasable stetch it shows even shorter length. i have to pull the right side of the clip endless to show up all.. how to avoid this?

EnochLight

03 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:i have bounced a long session as wav file. after importing this wav file it shows only a fraction of the origanl length. if i duasable stetch it shows even shorter length. i have to pull the right side of the clip endless to show up all.. how to avoid this?
Having a hard time visualizing what you're talking about.  Can you record a screen video and demonstrate?  Bandicam is free if don't have any screen capture software:

http://www.bandicam.com/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:i have bounced a long session as wav file. after importing this wav file it shows only a fraction of the origanl length. if i duasable stetch it shows even shorter length. i have to pull the right side of the clip endless to show up all.. how to avoid this?
I will guess that maybe what's happening is you are exporting at one tempo, and importing at another. If so, you will need to do one of two things depending on what your needs are.

Either change the tempo to match the file's tempo, or import, turn off stretch, and extend the file's end (if needed) to see all of the file. Then "Bounce to new Recording" and you can turn stretch back on. 

If this is what's happening, there have been complaints about this behavior since Record came out, and the folks complaining had a difficult time convincing the Props it was actually "a problem". :)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

03 Apr 2015

@selig
yes, you are on the right way but disabling stretch and extending the clip is not working because the sequencer stops to expand after a time. so i cant move the clip further to the right ;-(

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:@selig
yes, you are on the right way but disabling stretch and extending the clip is not working because the sequencer stops to expand after a time. so i cant move the clip further to the right ;-(
Sorry, I don't understand what you describe. The sequencer "stops" - it shouldn't be playing in the first place, right?

Or do you mean something else? What is the tempo of the song that you are importing INTO? Where is the song end marker, and have to tried extending it? How long (in time: minutes/seconds) is the file in question, btw?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

03 Apr 2015

another solution s to rewire reason to studio one and master there. it works very smooth

LoWGritt

04 Apr 2015

I have had this happen a few times - but I've found that I never had a problem with 'lost' audio after disabling the stretch & dragging the clip wider. hmmmm....

Like Selig said, you can import the track with the transport tempo set to match your exported project's bpm.

If you're arranging multiple songs in one project with various tempos you can draw tempo automations & import your tracks within the matching automation points.

Hope that makes sense or helps in some way

ahs

04 Apr 2015

the problem is that i have got headaches making the clip longer because the sequencer doesn't scroll with my movement !

ahs

04 Apr 2015

and reason doesn't save the bpm with the wavfile !

and what i now see. if i open the reason file it doesn't restore the right bpm !!! nor i can't set the bpm, strange! it jumps back to 120 regardless what i put in

LoWGritt

04 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:the problem is that i have got headaches making the clip longer because the sequencer doesn't scroll with my movement !
i cant address the underlying issue , but if you drag the end song marker far enough to the right you should be able to zoom out & make your adjustment without too much trouble

LoWGritt

04 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:and reason doesn't save the bpm with the wavfile !

and what i now see. if i open the reason file it doesn't restore the right bpm !!! nor i can't set the bpm, strange! it jumps back to 120 regardless what i put in
the tempo information is in the wav. file if youre using reason 8 it should be viewable in the browser when you highlight the song youre about to import

ahs

04 Apr 2015

in S1 or BWS there is no infomation shown or wrong.
the wav file is 20 min long and on my computer i can't zoom out completly.
setting the orginal tempo helps to see the clip complete but i wan't 120 bpm and the clip is way to short. dragin out the clip to the right goes only in very small steps.
i load bandicam and try a vid !

• Information