rsTouch 2.5.0 and Reason 8.2 unite to unleash Redrum!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Delora Software

02 Apr 2015

Today we released rsTouch version 2.5.0. This is a different kind of release because it focuses on a single, though pretty cool, new feature: enhanced Redrum support. All of this was made possible by the work Propellerhead did with Reason 8.2 to extend Redrum’s Remote implementation. Now it is possible to program Redrum patterns from a control surface using tried and true TR-X0X style step sequencing.

Here’s how rsTouch 2.5.0 and Reason 8.2 partner to unleash Redrum from the shackles of the computer screen:

* Program up to 64 step patterns one drum at a time, or in two groups of five drums. Steps are accessed 16 at once with quick movement to any of the four sets of 16. Step accent levels can be chosen for each step, and the steps are colored to reflect their current accent level. You can also assign a flam to any step.

* Control pattern length from 1 to 64 steps, even while the pattern plays.

* A “chase LED” is always displayed to show what step is currently playing. When the step edit pages are shown, the steps also glow in an alternate color when they are playing.

* The Main rsTouch Redrum page affords access to overall pattern settings, plus level, mute, and solo control of all 10 drums. This makes it easy to adjust relative drum levels while programming or performing a pattern.

* The Edit page is where you control the specifics of each drum one at a time. Edit its sound settings while you program the pattern.

* The Pattern page shows a grid of 5 drums by 16 steps. You can toggle between the first or second set of 5 drums, and move between sets of 16 steps to access all 64 steps. Mute and solo make it easy to isolate or drop parts as needed.

We are pretty excited about what Propellerhead has done for Redrum in 8.2 to make all of this possible with rsTouch. Redrum has been around since the very birth of Reason so its pretty amazing how new it now seems once you have this level of hands-on control. We did a short video to show how all this comes together:

https://youtu.be/Vl2gHKNP26Y

If you are using Reason 8.2 (or planning to upgrade soon), then you should install the most recent rsTouch support files available from http://www.delora.com/delora_products/r ... touch.html. If you are using an earlier Reason version, we recommend that you install the new support files but it is not mandatory. rsTouch 2.5.0 works fine with the older 2.4.0 support files but you will be missing some useful new features available to all users, such as the ability to adjust all 10 drum levels at once, and the chase LED.  And who doesn’t like more blinky lights!

Of course Redrum is just one of 82 Reason synthesizer, mixer, effects & utility devices and third party Rack Extensions that can be controlled on rsTouch using customized screens optimized for iPad use.  A complete list of all of the currently supported devices can be found here: http://www.delora.com/delora_products/r ... tures.html

rsTouch Pro offers full control of Reason’s Mixer and transport functions. Record and mix songs, and make sound setting and level adjustments easily with large, multi-touch, color-coded rotaries and faders.  Edit send effects, insert parameters, and EQ settings, as well as adjust channel, pan and dynamics levels.  A dedicated Master screen allows full adjustments of Reason's Main Mixer Master section.  The Device page provides a gateway to controlling 70 Reason instruments, effects, and Rack Extensions. A Performance page provides convenient keyboard and drum pad layouts to play Reason synths and drum machines, or to record into a sequencer track.

For additional information see http://www.delora.com/delora_products/r ... touch.html

Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

tiker01

02 Apr 2015

That was quick!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

02 Apr 2015

Delora Software wrote: Today we released rsTouch version 2.5.0. This is a different kind of release because it focuses on a single, though pretty cool, new feature: enhanced Redrum support. All of this was made possible by the work Propellerhead did with Reason 8.2 to extend Redrum’s Remote implementation. Now it is possible to program Redrum patterns from a control surface using tried and true TR-X0X style step sequencing. 
Holy freak'n crap Doug - this is fantastic!  Very nice implementation, man - well done!  This just solidifies rsTouch as being THE best iOS controller for Reason, bar none. 

Congrats on the release man - very cool!  Can't wait to update my app!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Delora Software

02 Apr 2015

Delora Software wrote: Today we released rsTouch version 2.5.0. This is a different kind of release because it focuses on a single, though pretty cool, new feature: enhanced Redrum support. All of this was made possible by the work Propellerhead did with Reason 8.2 to extend Redrum’s Remote implementation. Now it is possible to program Redrum patterns from a control surface using tried and true TR-X0X style step sequencing. 
EnochLight wrote:
Holy freak'n crap Doug -
EnochLight wrote:this is fantastic!  
EnochLight wrote:Very nice implementation, man - well done!  This just solidifies rsTouch as being
EnochLight wrote:THE
EnochLight wrote: best iOS controller for Reason, bar none. 

Congrats on the release man - very cool!  Can't wait to update my app!
Thanks! Your comments mean a lot.

The PH team made all of this possible. Really a testement to their commitment to keep making Reason better. They basically "dusted off" a device that has been in Reason since day one (which makes it over 14 years old!) and added significant new "game changing" functionality. We were very grateful we were able to work on this.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

Orion

02 Apr 2015

Wow. Awesome.

I think you just made a sale for Props - I was planning to skip R8 entirely but I want this.

I already love rsTouch so much. I got it about a month ago and I think it's the greatest thing.

tronam

03 Apr 2015

I've mildly wanted an iPad for years, especially for some of the synths and controllers, but haven't quite found the "killer app" to push me over the edge. This may be the one to finally do it.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

atitlan

03 Apr 2015

Tried rsTouch, but never really made a habit of using it - this will make it much more useful to me.

stratatonic

03 Apr 2015

tronam wrote:I've mildly wanted an iPad for years, especially for some of the synths and controllers, but haven't quite found the "killer app" to push me over the edge. This may be the one to finally do it.
Yes, this app looks amazing.
Do you control wirelessly - or through the cable? Or both?

EnochLight

03 Apr 2015

tronam wrote:I've mildly wanted an iPad for years, especially for some of the synths and controllers, but haven't quite found the "killer app" to push me over the edge. This may be the one to finally do it.
stratatonic wrote: Yes, this app looks amazing.
Do you control wirelessly - or through the cable? Or both?
I control wireless, which is the only way to do it IMHO.  Gives you a wireless transport control, which is awesome if you record alone and want to be more than an arm's reach from your computer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

normen

03 Apr 2015

+1 for this app, really a must have if you use Reason and own an iPad. The continuous development of the app is amazing too!

Concep

03 Apr 2015

I love having access to the sequencer for multiple samples at once, instead of only one at a time!

chimp_spanner

03 Apr 2015

Watching the vid on the app store and dangerously close to pulling the trigger...

chimp_spanner

03 Apr 2015

Well damn, if this isn't the coolest thing ever. Next best thing to Reason 8 on an iPad. Amazing work. 

Leighbeater

03 Apr 2015

having the best fun with this locked to Redrum, making pattens and changing patterns on the fly

and my beatstep locked to an Antodote coming up with all sorts of patterns 

super FUN!!

Leighbeater

03 Apr 2015

must say its probably me but when i tried to mess around with step sequencer in Thor within Rstouch, it was changing other values in Thor as well that i didn't want it to at the same time

might be a bug, or it might just be me??

Delora Software

04 Apr 2015

Leighbeater wrote:must say its probably me but when i tried to mess around with step sequencer in Thor within Rstouch, it was changing other values in Thor as well that i didn't want it to at the same time

might be a bug, or it might just be me??

Would you contact me at support@delora.com and provide some details. It would be great to know what it is you are seeing so we can fix it if it is a bug.

Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

• Information