New Redrum pattern programming remotable items. Usable in Remote Maps ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Olivier

02 Apr 2015

So in the new feature list for R8.2 read this :
The remotable items for Redrum have been extended to allow programming of Redrum patterns from a control surface.
This is great.
So i immedeately start working on my remote maps.. Because having to map it by hand everytime adds more work then needed ;)

I go into Remote Overwrite Edit Mode to find the names for the Key Remotable Items.
They seem to be:

Code: Select all

Selected Drum Toggle Step 1
Selected Drum Toggle Step 2
Selected Drum Toggle Step 3
Selected Drum Toggle Step 4
Selected Drum Toggle Step 5
Selected Drum Toggle Step 6
Selected Drum Toggle Step 7
Selected Drum Toggle Step 8
Selected Drum Toggle Step 9
Selected Drum Toggle Step 10
Selected Drum Toggle Step 11
Selected Drum Toggle Step 12
Selected Drum Toggle Step 13
Selected Drum Toggle Step 14
Selected Drum Toggle Step 15
Selected Drum Toggle Step 16
Whenever i use these in a remotemap, i get a map file error "Undefined Command".
Would anybody know what i'm missing ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

Have they done it right and included the 1-16,17-32 etc switch? Please anybody say yes.

Olivier

02 Apr 2015

Seems like they did.. Its called "Edit Steps".. there's also a "Edit Accent"
But as with "Selected Drum toggle Step #" they throw errors in my maps :S

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

OMG for years and years i have been batch for this and now they finally did it.

Olivier

02 Apr 2015

Well.. if you're able to map it, please share how because i'm a bit lost with that error :P
I really hope we can remotemap it, and not just have it locked to 1 particular redrum instance by hand.

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote:Well.. if you're able to map it, please share how because i'm a bit lost with that error :P
I really hope we can remotemap it, and not just have it locked to 1 particular redrum instance by hand.
I will download the demo tonight and make a map. No worries.

"Map   _Your Control   SelectedDrumToggleStep1"

Should work if you take care for the correct amount of tabs between the commands. "unknown command usually hints on an error before "SelectedDrumToggleStep1" probably a tab too much or few.

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

Another essential thing is the selected Channel buttons. Hope they are remotable too otherwise it would be half assed and you still need a mouse to program beats. Still hoping ;-)

Olivier

02 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote:Well.. if you're able to map it, please share how because i'm a bit lost with that error :P
electrofux wrote:
I will download the demo tonight and make a map. No worries.

"Map   _Your Control   SelectedDrumToggleStep1"

Should work if you take care for the correct amount of tabs between the commands. "unknown command usually hints on an error before "SelectedDrumToggleStep1" probably a tab too much or few.

Ha.. User error indeed. It works !! :)
Every time i don't touch my maps for a while, i forget the tab between "Map" and "Your control" ;)

Olivier

02 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:Another essential thing is the selected Channel buttons. Hope they are remotable too otherwise it would be half assed and you still need a mouse to program beats. Still hoping ;-)
I can confirm that it works !!

What i currently have on my Launchpad is this :

Code: Select all

Map  Button 1-1    Selected Drum Toggle Step 1
Map  Button 1-2    Selected Drum Toggle Step 2
Map  Button 1-3    Selected Drum Toggle Step 3
Map  Button 1-4    Selected Drum Toggle Step 4
Map  Button 1-5    Selected Drum Toggle Step 5
Map  Button 1-6    Selected Drum Toggle Step 6
Map  Button 1-7    Selected Drum Toggle Step 7
Map  Button 1-8    Selected Drum Toggle Step 8
Map  Button 2-1    Selected Drum Toggle Step 9
Map  Button 2-2    Selected Drum Toggle Step 10
Map  Button 2-3    Selected Drum Toggle Step 11
Map  Button 2-4    Selected Drum Toggle Step 12
Map  Button 2-5    Selected Drum Toggle Step 13
Map  Button 2-6    Selected Drum Toggle Step 14
Map  Button 2-7    Selected Drum Toggle Step 15
Map  Button 2-8    Selected Drum Toggle Step 16
Map  Button 3-1    Select Drum 1
Map  Button 3-2    Select Drum 2
Map  Button 3-3    Select Drum 3
Map  Button 3-4    Select Drum 4
Map  Button 3-5    Select Drum 5
Map  Button 3-6    Select Drum 6
Map  Button 3-7    Select Drum 7
Map  Button 3-8    Select Drum 8
Map  Button 4-1    Select Drum 9
Map  Button 4-2    Select Drum 10
Map  Button 4-7    Edit Steps
Map  Button 4-8    Edit Accent
Now if only i can figure out the rest of this launchpad codec so i can change some of the coloring :P

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

Thx for confirming. Puh, that is cool and i will also make maps for the Livid Base and Launchpad Mini :)

Already thinking how to layout everything... and integrate Zvork as a pattern Chainer.

Fredrik

02 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:Thx for confirming. Puh, that is cool and i will also make maps for the Livid Base and Launchpad Mini :)
Livid Base is updated with Reason 8.2.

Fredrik

Fredrik

02 Apr 2015

Here's a list of all remotable items in ReDrum, for those of you who want to make your own maps. The new items are the ones from "Channel 1 Sample Name" and down.

Fredrik
Propellerheads
Attachments
redrumremotables.txt.zip
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

Thx very much! This is so great honestly.

And i realized there are more options possible like having the lauchpad display all channels at once and skip through via the Remote Step items similar to the Mixer if i understand correctly.

BTW what are the Drum Step Out and Selected Drum Step Out items for or how are they used? Is that for setting the velocity?

Can't wait to get home, very excited.

Fredrik

02 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:Thx very much! This is so great honestly.

And i realized there are more options possible like having the lauchpad display all channels at once and skip through via the Remote Step items similar to the Mixer if i understand correctly.
Yes, you use change "Remote Start Step" to set which step on the device corresponds to the first step on the control surface. (If that's what you meant).

f

Fredrik

02 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:Thx very much! This is so great honestly.

BTW what are the Drum Step Out and Selected Drum Step Out items for or how are they used? Is that for setting the velocity?
They are output only items that can be mapped to pads/leds to show the exact accent of the step. They can be used if you map the steps to Drum Step Toggle/Value items, if you have have separate output items on your control surface (or if you write a codec that splits input/output).
The range is 0-4, 0-3 for the accent and 4 is set if the step is playing.

Fredrik

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

ups you were faster than me ;-)

Thx for the answers, much appreceated :-)

That's what i thought when i was saying i hope they did it right. This is a perfect remote implementation. ReDrum has become a beast now.

Now how i have to really sketch out how i want my Launchpad to blink :-)

electrofux

02 Apr 2015

Don't wanna overstretch ;-) it but how about making the sample selectors remotable too?

Olivier

02 Apr 2015

I have a alpha version running, but i'm not happy with the layout yet.
Documentation will be added once i reworked it ;)

Heavily based on previous work of tonalaxis and koshdukai. (thanks)

Very curious what electrofux will come up with, as i've seen you are better in scripting the launchpad codec then me :P
Attachments
launchpad_mini_redrum_v1.zip
(25.64 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

The Tone Ranger

02 Apr 2015

Can you get the little chaser light on the launchpad or livid base?

electrofux

03 Apr 2015

Worked the whole day on a Launchpad Map for Redrum. Got something working atm. Need to iron out some bugs though.

https://vimeo.com/124061357

Olivier

03 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:Worked the whole day on a Launchpad Map for Redrum. Got something working atm. Need to iron out some bugs though. https://vimeo.com/124061357
That is looking very impressive ! :D

electrofux

04 Apr 2015

As an explanation, the two top rows are the steps with yellow,orange and red indicating the velocity. The third row has the velocity selector and the flam selector (green) in the middle. The two red ones on the sides are drum 8&9 exclusive and shuffle.
The ten pads in the lower left are for playing the 10 Redrum Pads, Mute (red) and Solo (green) which can be switched by the 3 Pads above those ten.
With shift clicking in the yellow mode the selected Channel is selected (indicated by a dim red pad).
The top row of the 4x4 grid to the right shows the bar selector showing the currently edited bar in orange and the rest in yellow. Shift click sets the bars and normal click switched edit focus.
The two green rows are the pattern selectors and the last row the banks.
The Parameters of a Channel are accessed through round button 3 and 4 (not shown in the video)

The above template is part of a bigger not finnished Launchpad Codec. Now i would like to know if you guys would like to have it anyways just to have a get go on the new Redrum features. Otherwise i will take my time and finnish the big one first.

I am also planning to add a Mixer Page and a way to copy steps over to other bars (selected channel and all channels- dunno if i can work that out but it would speed up pattern creation tremendously). And i want to have the bar indicator blink in the current bar ;-). There is also an addon template in the making for connecting 10 NN-19s to Redrum and then be able to browse through samples (essentially a template for a ModPanel sitting above the Redrum). Thinking about a Pattern Chainer based on Thor too which could be positioned below the Redrum.

Olivier

04 Apr 2015

electrofux wrote:The above template is part of a bigger not finnished Launchpad Codec. Now i would like to know if you guys would like to have it anyways just to have a get go on the new Redrum features. Otherwise i will take my time and finnish the big one first.

I am also planning to add a Mixer Page and a way to copy steps over to other bars (selected channel and all channels- dunno if i can work that out but it would speed up pattern creation tremendously). And i want to have the bar indicator blink in the current bar ;-). There is also an addon template in the making for connecting 10 NN-19s to Redrum and then be able to browse through samples (essentially a template for a ModPanel sitting above the Redrum). Thinking about a Pattern Chainer based on Thor too which could be positioned below the Redrum.

I have one of the older versions of your launchpadCustom map that i downloaded from PUF somewhere around november last year.
I'd love to see where you are taking the redrum features.

electrofux

06 Apr 2015

Today i decided to stop adding features to the Launchpad codec and concentrate on finding bugs and doing a (probably crappy) manual.

So if i find the time for the manual (wouldnt make sense without one) i will rease a beta soon(TM).

Current version will include maps for:

Redrum, Kong, Euclid, 2 different Thor Maps, a general Synth Map, my TriggerSequencer Combi, ModPanel16 and an (isomorphic) keyboard plus transport. Each map will have multiple subpages.

Finnished (spaghetti)code at Line 17116 ;-)

centomila

06 Apr 2015

Hi folks.

If someone need a launchpad vector image to create the manual, i've attached an adobe illustrator file wich i created when i published my LaunchPad MK1 script.

http://www.centomila.it/launchpad-for-r ... te-script/

(it's a 1 button 1 function script. No shift or other stuff. Nothing advanced like electrofux script :) )

Unfortunately i'm testing Windows 10 and the Launchpad doesn't work anymore wth last update so i can't add the step sequencer :frown:

(but i've tried on my Vestax VCM-600 and is a game changer <3 )
Attachments
Launchpad_vector_manual.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 101 times

• Information