Reason 8.2 Update is Available!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gak

14 Apr 2015

raymondh wrote:I use both R7 and R8, swapping back and forth for collaborations.

I find Reason 8 doesn't get me excited so much, but going back to Reason 7 is frustrating (if that makes any sense)!

Why I don't like Reason 7, after using Reason 8 :)
- can't use transport controls when the browser window is open. let's say I'm flicking thru sounds in the browser while a track is playing, and I want to rewind a few bars? I have to exit the browser. (In Reason 8, no problems)
- can't browse through my sample library and drop new kick and snare drums onto kong while it is playing and I am going back and forth with the transport controls
- slow search in the browser - not too bad since I have SSD, but it's so much faster in R8.

The other features in Reason 8 are nice (like moving note start, and the extra colours) but I don't miss them when I switch back to Reason 7. But I really miss the Reason 8 browser.

Yeah, forgive the 3 month newb but that seems like a necessity. It would drive me batty to have to close the browser to use the transport. Is that even with a midi controller?

ScuzzyEye

14 Apr 2015

gak wrote:Yeah, forgive the 3 month newb but that seems like a necessity. It would drive me batty to have to close the browser to use the transport. Is that even with a midi controller?
With a MIDI controller, you could play patches live while the browser was open. If your controller had transport controls, you could even play, stop, rewind, etc. So it wasn't entirely dark ages. ;)

scifunk

14 Apr 2015

I'm really disappointed that there's no price tag to this update.   :t2018:

gak

14 Apr 2015

gak wrote:Yeah, forgive the 3 month newb but that seems like a necessity. It would drive me batty to have to close the browser to use the transport. Is that even with a midi controller?
ScuzzyEye wrote: With a MIDI controller, you could play patches live while the browser was open. If your controller had transport controls, you could even play, stop, rewind, etc. So it wasn't entirely dark ages. ;)
Yeah, that's why I asked :)

But still, it's a brand new day with the browser.....I use F3 quite a bit :D

jfrichards

14 Apr 2015

softska wrote:...Wonder why props didn't consider vertical split view if they're so entrenched in this single window model thing. Mentioned in beta but I didn't see Prop comment on it. Can use more refinement to this workflow thing they sold us on before another paid upgrade.
I'd love to see a list of multi-window view options in the Options or Window menus, like for different stages of a project, and the ability to add your own set.  A simple Vertical Split would be nice.  I use this sometimes:

Attachments
vertical.png
vertical.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1013 times

jfrichards

15 Apr 2015

I like Reason 8.2 and Mario Balotelli.  Apparently, this guy does too.

Attachments
p_head.png
p_head.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 925 times

gak

15 Apr 2015

One outta two isn't so bad.

• Information