Changes in moderation

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lunesis

31 Mar 2015

So you may notice that I have returned all of my moderators to user status, and wonder why I would do such a crazy thing. I will try to explain as best I can here. There have been some situations recently where our moderators have been put into difficult positions regarding the handling of certain bad behaviors, and because of that have been subject to some unnecessary criticism and even abuse. Now the reason I chose these individuals to act as mods was because they are highly respected contributing members of our community, and at the time I did not think about the issues that would occur down the line, or how those issues might affect the mods' relationship with the community. These guys don't get compensation.. they are volunteers that helped me out because I asked them to. The reason why I am freeing them from their responsibilities is because I want them to be able to be a part of this community without having to worry about making an unpopular decision regarding moderation. That means I will be keeping this place clean on my own, but I have thought long and hard about this decision and decided that I would rather take up that responsibility than to put my mods in a spot that may compromise their relationship with the community. If you have any issues from now on, you can direct them to my inbox and I will try to take care of them as best I can.

Thanks,

Brent

gak

31 Mar 2015

Color me confused. But hey, whatever works. I thought things were mostly going very well.

trimph1

31 Mar 2015

I thought so as well. But if one needs a little help on occasion, one does what they need to.
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

eusti

31 Mar 2015

I was only aware of one of the incidents... Sorry to hear that it has become an issue...

Wishing us best of luck! ;)

D.

Benedict
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2015

I couldn't believe the way one user in particular treated a Mod (and very respected/respectable) person. It amazes me that there are people who would behave that way anywhere, let alone in a place they hope to return to tomorrow. Anyway...

Perhaps better that the man with the big stick be the man who owns the space we are in, so he can wield it without fear as it is his party and can cry as it amuses him.

Hope it goes well for you. And sorry for stress that Mod/s did have as that is not the reason any of us are here for.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Last Alternative

31 Mar 2015

What happened? I must've missed it.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Lunesis

31 Mar 2015

Some behind the scenes stuff. Details not really pertinent. Just wanted to allay any inquiries to the change in status.

EnochLight

01 Apr 2015

Yikes!  Well... congrats on the new responsibilities..?  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

raymondh

01 Apr 2015

That's very unfortunate, sorry to hear that.

Well if anyone starts giving you a hard time Brent over your moderation, let me know and I'll be right there with my candle and pitchfork!!

Julibee

01 Apr 2015

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Thanks to those who tried.

I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

FATCheese

01 Apr 2015

Shouldn't this be posted in the Announcement forum? :idea:
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Tincture

01 Apr 2015

Has anyone been banned yet? Other than having difficulties getting onto the site ;)

I can see why this has had to happen but it's still a shame.

Even as someone who spouts a lot of rubbish when I make the mistake of coming here drunk, I think that those who soberly treat the site as a platform for their various misguided agendas probably need to be banned. Leopards, spots and all that.

EDIT: Although, from what I saw on an old Reason site it can be difficult effectively keeping away the truly determined troll.

syncanonymous

01 Apr 2015

Thanks to Brent for this community, it is greatly appreciated by me personally. I stopped frequenting the old props forums when it seemed to get outta hand some years ago. That doesn't mean I didn't go there for help, I was always much more of a lurker not spending as much time working with the 3 Rs as I do with Reason nowadays. I am still in shock they took that forum down, so thanks to all contributors here, filling a now gaping hole in already asked questions.

Sorry to hear about the unrest, I hope the future is smooth sailing.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

-008'

01 Apr 2015

Well, damn! Ok...?

I might've waited until April 2nd I guess, so as not to confuse it with a joke.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

craven

01 Apr 2015

I feel fooled... :)
:ugeek:

motuscott

01 Apr 2015

Well I hope it's not too much work for one person. Thanks for the work ex mods and welcome to the hoi polloi. Also big FU to the trolls who caused this.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

zeebot

01 Apr 2015

Why not have secret mods? They can simply be a member but with the access to clean things up if topics get out of hand, rules get broken and posts need locking. Leave the banning to you.
I'd be absolutely fine not knowing who is a mod and who isn't..levels the field and the forums still gets looked after.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Olivier

01 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Why not have secret mods? They can simply be a member but with the access to clean things up if topics get out of hand, rules get broken and posts need locking. Leave the banning to you.
I'd be absolutely fine not knowing who is a mod and who isn't..levels the field and the forums still gets looked after.
Maybe its allready like that ;)

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

zeebot

01 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote:
Maybe its allready like that ;)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Heater

01 Apr 2015

I can understand the decision although I'm a bit surprised that things got that heated for this to be necessary.  

What happened?

PSoames

01 Apr 2015

I can see the logic, but would also add that I consider the moderators' behaviours to have been impeccable and above reproach at all times, despite what any tattle-tale may have grizzled about.

But, whatever it takes to keep those respected chaps an active part of this community - that's what matters.

Exowildebeest

01 Apr 2015

Power grab! Military coup! 1933 all over again!!1!1!!

April Fools or not, I'm fine with Boss Brent. The trains will run on time.

jfrichards

01 Apr 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Power grab! Military coup! 1933 all over again!!1!1!!

April Fools or not, I'm fine with Boss Brent. The trains will run on time.
Now is the perfect time for the trolls to launch a counter-attack!

gak

01 Apr 2015

jfrichards wrote: trolls to launch a counter-attack!
Please god no.

jfrichards

01 Apr 2015

I'm prepared.

• Information