Remote mapping?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
onedogdan

29 Mar 2015

So I'm having a friend mix numerous songs for me, and he's used to working on an actual physical SSL... how do I go about mapping out my controller knobs etc, so we can flip between songs, but still control all rack devices and the mixer with the same knobs/parameters? Right now, it seems like if I set up remote mapping for a mixer strip, it only works for that particular one... like I have to set up remote mapping for each one individually.  Hopefully I'm making sense.  

I saw the Reason Remote Mapping video by Fretless Fingers, and the Hamu and PEFF REs- are those the way to go?  Not sure I can work the Fretless Fingers angle, and not sure I understand the REs, but if those are my only options, I guess I'll have to figure them out.

I guess I'm trying to make my friend's life less complicated by complicating my own :)  

Thanks for any suggestions!

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2015

Learning the (easy) Remote mapping system is the best way to do this. Just be aware that any Remote map you make will cover your hole controller till you reload another map.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

onedogdan

29 Mar 2015

Alright, I guess I'll dig in.  Thanks for the reply!

• Information