i am just curious who is making all the discover music

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ahs

27 Mar 2015

are this work's are made in behalf of Prop's ???
so many professional tunes made out of "take" ???

i can't really believe that ! or ?

jfrichards

27 Mar 2015

Are you talking about the 20 to 50 song clips posted to Discover every hour, all day, every day, from every country?  It sure is a massive number of postings, and some of them are very good, especially the vocal pieces.  I don't know the breakdown, but it looks like 50% Figure, 40% Take, and 10% Reason.  It looks like Props staff do about 1-2% of the postings.  Would be nice to know, Mattias.  And I sure would like to be able to email some of those vocalists for collaboration.

challism

28 Mar 2015

jfrichards wrote:Are you talking about the 20 to 50 song clips posted to Discover every hour, all day, every day, from every country?  It sure is a massive number of postings, and some of them are very good, especially the vocal pieces.  I don't know the breakdown, but it looks like 50% Figure, 40% Take, and 10% Reason.  It looks like Props staff do about 1-2% of the postings.  Would be nice to know, Mattias.  And I sure would like to be able to email some of those vocalists for collaboration.

I'm not that familiar with Discover.  I only visited the 1st week it was announced/opened.  I was very underwhelmed so I figured I would check back later.

So are you serious there is no way to contact the people who uploaded content?  That seems like a major oops for a platform that is encouraging worldwide collaboration.  How did the "contact uploader/artist" stay off their radar?  I'm sure that is something that will (must) change in the future, shouldn't it?  It's kind of a no-brainer.  Was this a Propellerhead brain-fart or was it left off intentionally?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Lunesis

28 Mar 2015

challism wrote:
jfrichards wrote:Are you talking about the 20 to 50 song clips posted to Discover every hour, all day, every day, from every country?  It sure is a massive number of postings, and some of them are very good, especially the vocal pieces.  I don't know the breakdown, but it looks like 50% Figure, 40% Take, and 10% Reason.  It looks like Props staff do about 1-2% of the postings.  Would be nice to know, Mattias.  And I sure would like to be able to email some of those vocalists for collaboration.
challism wrote:  
I'm not that familiar with Discover.  I only visited the 1st week it was announced/opened.  I was very underwhelmed so I figured I would check back later.

So are you serious there is no way to contact the people who uploaded content?  That seems like a major oops for a platform that is encouraging worldwide collaboration.  How did the "contact uploader/artist" stay off their radar?  I'm sure that is something that will (must) change in the future, shouldn't it?  It's kind of a no-brainer.  Was this a Propellerhead brain-fart or was it left off intentionally?
I thought that the new profile pages linked with song pages?

Although it appears as though pm's went the way of the dodo along with the PUF, there are 'elsewhere' buttons that I guess people can customize with twitter, email etc.

https://www.propellerheads.se/u/MattiasHG

selig
RE Developer

28 Mar 2015

ahs wrote:are this work's are made in behalf of Prop's ???
so many professional tunes made out of "take" ???

i can't really believe that ! or ?
Define "professional tunes"?

I believe all of the content is created by a crack team of ex-producers now holed up just outside of Omaha. It's hard to believe, but it's all the work of three producers, working tirelessly around the clock to create the illusion this new feature has been a huge success.

;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2015

selig wrote:  
I believe all of the content is created by a crack team of ex-producers now holed up just outside of Omaha. It's hard to believe, but it's all the work of three producers, working tirelessly around the clock to create the illusion this new feature has been a huge success.

;)
Ouch!

Grum.

jfrichards

28 Mar 2015

Lunesis wrote:...I thought that the new profile pages linked with song pages?...
Ah yes, you can add links to your webpage, soundcloud, etc in your profile.  Very good.  Unfortunately, lots of the good vocalists I checked out don't have profiles or don't have links.  Lots of singers seem to just use it to add their singing with Take and that's it.  Hopefully Props will make it known that singers should add profiles with links.

Lunesis

28 Mar 2015

Lunesis wrote:...I thought that the new profile pages linked with song pages?...
jfrichards wrote:
Ah yes, you can add links to your webpage, soundcloud, etc in your profile.  Very good.  Unfortunately, lots of the good vocalists I checked out don't have profiles or don't have links.  Lots of singers seem to just use it to add their singing with Take and that's it.  Hopefully Props will make it known that singers should add profiles with links.
Yeah, pm's would have to be the best option I think. Still not sure why they didn't think to integrate discover into the forums, instead of just tearing it all down...

jfrichards

28 Mar 2015

It would be a great feature if one of the genres, or categories, added to Discover was "Singer Available for Collaboration".  That would help me a lot.  Of course as soon as any collaboration got serious, you'd have to take it out of the realm of Discover to protect it.  So far, I've heard about 40 great singers from ten different countries.  Even if I just got one or two for collaboration, that would be cool.

ahs

28 Mar 2015

@selig

"professional tunes"
i mean this is not a singalong on the way to the kindergarden. yes i must be a great success and the props are on the right track !
i never thought this could work !

jfrichards

28 Mar 2015

Lunesis wrote:...Still not sure why they didn't think to integrate discover into the forums, instead of just tearing it all down...
Not so sure that that cesspool of negativity would have been the best place to encourage a giant bunch of young musicians armed only with cell phones.  ReasonTalk is a 178 degree turn away from what the PUF became.  It would be wonderful if all new Reason users found out about ReasonTalk.

jfrichards

28 Mar 2015

ahs wrote:@selig

"professional tunes"
i mean this is not a singalong on the way to the kindergarden. yes it must be a great success and the props are on the right track !
i never thought this could work !
Although sometimes even such a singalong can be powerful, professional and deep art:

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teacher leave those kids alone

All in all it's just another brick in the wall...

phasys

28 Mar 2015

Wouldn't surprise me if all that stuff was indeed fake and ghost-produced to keep up appearances. Take is pretty much worthless.

zeebot

28 Mar 2015

Im just amazed you can get professional tunes from an app on a phone. Seems i wasted a lot money setting up my gear

In all seriousness im still not at all convinced by discover. The contents are still pretty much crap, that of course is my personal opinion
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

selig
RE Developer

28 Mar 2015

phasys wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if all that stuff was indeed fake and ghost-produced to keep up appearances. Take is pretty much worthless.
If you're away from your studio and you have an idea for a song that involves more than one "line", and you use Reason, it has value I would think. I have been in situations where this would have definitely come in handy for me. Take isn't for everyone any more than Reason is for everyone… 

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

29 Mar 2015

phasys wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if all that stuff was indeed fake and ghost-produced to keep up appearances. Take is pretty much worthless.
selig wrote:
If you're away from your studio and you have an idea for a song that involves more than one "line", and you use Reason, it has value I would think. I have been in situations where this would have definitely come in handy for me. Take isn't for everyone any more than Reason is for everyone… 

:)
I've got an Android... so it certainly ISN'T for me.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Lunesis

29 Mar 2015

Android here too :P

• Information