POLL: Have you bought a Propellerhead Rig? (Super Saver Bundle)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2015

I am a No here as I feel like they are scatter-gun and clutter. I get the potential value but seeing I don't actually want any of those things then - clutter. I far prefer focused products that offer something I can't already get.

I still think there would be mileage in a full ROMpler of very playable orchestral and similar acoustic instruments. A sort of Roland SUPER Natural Integra thing. If they ported the SUPER Natural synth I could be interested too based on some of what I hear out of the little JD-Xi.

That or I see what the full JD-XA is like and swap out my 'clacky' P6...

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Ronin

26 Mar 2015

No. I simply have most of what i need. These are amazing for new users though. Fair play to props if they can grab a large slice of users then maybe then can hire more devs :P

gak

27 Mar 2015

I think these are a great value for some people. Personally, unless I get a case of "gas" in the near future, there is nothing terribly important for me. 

Gulale

27 Mar 2015

Since version 8 and the inability to transfer licence I see no reason purchasing from that shop. its been more than 5 month since I bought a product from Ph shop. I don't think I will. Even if they offer me for 50 bucks like waves plugin do. I'm more than happy to buy waves plugin while it has been cracked perfectly than reason rack extension. I don't like to be controlled. The only reason I bought 2000 dollar worth of Re is, thinking some day they will allow me to transfer it but some how its been almost three years no transfer. In that case, I can't sell and get out of reason. If I had to invest it all over again, I would have bought UAD product, studio one, Harrison mixbus. Every time a product lose sale value they put it on sale. Something that costs you a 100 bucks now inside bundle will become a value of 20. I don't see these products as a discount, I see them a way of throwing a trash on my computer. 

I believe one day they will allow me to transfer but when they do, based on PH way of money grabbing style it will be only for those who have the new version of reason.
Gulale aka Bereket

Last Alternative

27 Mar 2015

^ Yep. Money-grabbing. The new Propellerhead business model. Minimum offers for maximum profit. I still don't know how I feel about it or the path they are taking us down. Shouldn't we be expecting R9 soon? Or at least an announcement teaser?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

I would have been interested in the one that included Seligs RE, but as I bought then a week earlier, the package is less appealing so I wont be buying, especially since I can't resell licences. A win for Selig regardless but a loss for Props and the other devs.
My Words are my ART

craven

27 Mar 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:I would have been interested in the one that included Seligs RE, but as I bought then a week earlier, the package is less appealing so I wont be buying, especially since I can't resell licences. A win for Selig regardless but a loss for Props and the other devs.
yes, I'm in the same boat...
:ugeek:

Tincture

27 Mar 2015

I bought the Backline Rig. It had lots of things I'd liked to have owned but wasn't prepared to pay the original price ... Rad Piano; Rad Keys; Acoustic Guitarist; Re-Tron; Softube Spring Reverb & Delay; Ninety Phaser ... plus it had things that I wouldn't have bought but will def. use... Alt. Drums; RDK2; Reason Bass. I already had Revival and DC-9 Overdrive but even so it was still great value for me.

Unfortunately for the other two I have too many of them already to make it great value because the ones I don't have I'm not bothered enough with.

My view is that these are unbelieveable value for newbies and as Joeyluck said in another thread - seem to have been priced so that they are still good value even if you already own a few of them. I have to say though that they all seem to be products that for whatever reason haven't sold so well. So even if it's great value you might be buying stuff that you won't use so much? 

KEVMOVE02

27 Mar 2015

So now what? This poll has consolidated most of the comments about this subject in one place... and now we are certain that a lot of people are still mad that they paid full price for Rack Extensions that are now on sale for a ridiculously low price. We are certain that a lot of people think Propellerhead is a money grubbing, greedy company that betrayed its most loyal customers because they care more about new customers. And we know with a doubt that some people are unwilling to release themselves from the pain of a really bad breakup. It's okay, there someone out there that understands your needs and will love you the way you deserved to be loved. No, he didn't appreciate you. He did you a favor by closing the forum, I mean changing his number. Yes, you need to love yourself. it's okay, it's okay. Just be careful, cause you know the rebound relationship never works out, so pick a DAW that doesn't require a lot of investment, so when you kick it to the curb, you won't feel bad about the money you spent. But don't get all sleazy and download a cracked version of software; these hackers are very clever these days and you don't want to wake up one morning and find your entire music library being held for ransom or your bank account drained of all its funds.

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

KEVMOVE02 wrote:So now what? This poll has consolidated most of the comments about this subject in one place... and now we are certain that a lot of people are still mad that they paid full price for Rack Extensions that are now on sale for a ridiculously low price. We are certain that a lot of people think Propellerhead is a money grubbing, greedy company that betrayed its most loyal customers because they care more about new customers. And we know with a doubt that some people are unwilling to release themselves from the pain of a really bad breakup. It's okay, there someone out there that understands your needs and will love you the way you deserved to be loved. No, he didn't appreciate you. He did you a favor by closing the forum, I mean changing his number. Yes, you need to love yourself. it's okay, it's okay. Just be careful, cause you know the rebound relationship never works out, so pick a DAW that doesn't require a lot of investment, so when you kick it to the curb, you won't feel bad about the money you spent. But don't get all sleazy and download a cracked version of software; these hackers are very clever these days and you don't want to wake up one morning and find your entire music library being held for ransom or your bank account drained of all its funds.
Such drama! Have you been drinking ? :)

Personally, most people don't care that they bought REs at full price, only to have them go on sale later. That's how retail works in the real world. I can understand some people's frustration at buying REs only to see a sale a few days later, but again, that's not uncommon in retail either*. In my own case though, I got Selig's gear on special anyway, and have most of the big reputation Refills that I might use (bass and piano mainly)

*unrelated sidenote... I bought tickets to Indonesia the other week and the agent has a guarantee that if I find a cheaper flight elsewhere they will refund the difference. Quite uncommon, but I really couldn't be bothered trawling airline websites daily just to get fifty bucks back. When I pay for something, the money is gone. I made the choice at the time, and determined it a good enough deal to buy at the time.
My Words are my ART

KEVMOVE02

27 Mar 2015

Whether it's a near sighted vision for growth or a grand vision for profit is irrelevant. Business is business. However it's yet another example of Propellerhead largely ignoring the requests of established Reason users. I don't recall the wish lists for feature implementation including a voice memo app, a very basic beatmaker or a cloud service offering poor quality MP3's, buried in an ocean of lacklustre loops - all of which already exist in the marketplace.

Personally, most people don't care that they bought REs at full price, only to have them go on sale later.
That's how retail works in the real world. I can understand some people's frustration at buying REs only to see a sale a few days later, but again, that's not uncommon in retail either*. 

Make sense of these two posts and I might actually try to respond to your comment.

selig
RE Developer

27 Mar 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote: Such drama! Have you been drinking ? :)  
Easy now, this is IMO a personal slam against another forum member. It's not civil in the least, nor funny, useful, helpful, etc. We should ALL know by now where these types of comments eventually lead - anyone can PM me if they don't - otherwise, stay on topic here, please.   :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Grinder One

27 Mar 2015

As I only bought Reason 8 in late november, the onlt RE's I had out of all the bundles was DC-9 in backline and Selig gain and leveler from the outboard. So I bought backline as I wanted the Radicals and the drumkits. I'll be buying synthetic once my funds replemish a bit.

Mart.

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
Easy now, this is IMO a personal slam against another forum member. It's not civil in the least, nor funny, useful, helpful, etc. We should ALL know by now where these types of comments eventually lead - anyone can PM me if they don't - otherwise, stay on topic here, please.   :)
Oh no, humour police alert !
My Words are my ART

Concep

27 Mar 2015

I would have added a category to the poll asking how many people aren't buying the bundles because they already have enough in each bundle to diminish the value.  That's my boat.

selig
RE Developer

27 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote: Oh no, humour police alert !
No, forum police actually. It's just a friendly reminder of the rules. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

muffins4all

27 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
selig wrote:
that you're selectively enforcing

kev's post was everything you described, and more, yet no warning for him

selig
RE Developer

27 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
selig wrote:
muffins4all wrote:
that you're selectively enforcing

kev's post was everything you described, and more, yet no warning for him
Let's not run this thread aground here - the topic is clear, right?
" POLL: Have you bought a Propellerhead Rig? (Super Saver Bundle) "

If you still want to publicly accuse your moderators of selective enforcement, that would be a topic for the Kitchen, not here, and one to which I will look forward to responding if you choose to do so!

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

Im glad Im not alone in seeing thr extreme bias here, of which I have taken up with selig via PM.
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

27 Mar 2015

I can show you some real bias if you want ;)

hydlide

27 Mar 2015

I just voted "NO: But I am SERIOUSLY considering buying."
I can explain why. I don't own the complete range of products of every RE that are out there. There are some bundles I like. And I grab the bundle just because its seriously cheaper then... lets say get all the individual devices.
The only issue that I do have right about now is to figure out which one to get to be as cheap ass as I can be, yet get most of the quality from my production value to go with my own production thing.

It would have been quite nice if... lets say I want to create my own custom rig and get a discount for purchasing lets say 30 devices at the same time.

Last Alternative

27 Mar 2015

Trust me guys. You don't want real Administrator bias. You soon will find you can't log in! :t1465:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Orion

27 Mar 2015

No, I'm sticking to my policy of not giving props another cent until I see a Reason update that is at least as satisfactory as versions 1-7 were. Nothing else makes sense for me.

ProfessaKaos

27 Mar 2015

I'm a no as I own roughly a minimum of 80% of each rig.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information