A bass sound that never gets old

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

25 Mar 2015

I wrote a blogpost about James Jamerson, the great old bass player of Motown. How about his sound?

Check: http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/old-bass-sound/

gak

25 Mar 2015

JJ was the first, and he's still the best. That reminds me, I need to change my P-bass strings (personally I like roundwound)

Benedict
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2015

That Carol Kaye interview is great. I knew she existed but never much about her. Bit dotty now (perhaps) but a real musician through and through. I sure wish I had learned even half of what she did.

Thanks

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

25 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:That Carol Kaye interview is great. I knew she existed but never much about her. Bit dotty now (perhaps) but a real musician through and through. I sure wish I had learned even half of what she did.

Thanks

I am blessed to have had the pleasure of hiring Carol for a few demos back in my Nashville days. This would have been in the mid 80s or so, and she was of course a dream to work with. Wish I had asked more questions and got her to share more stories. A musical icon, she is.   :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Scoobyman II

25 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:That Carol Kaye interview is great. I knew she existed but never much about her. Bit dotty now (perhaps) but a real musician through and through. I sure wish I had learned even half of what she did.

Thanks

selig wrote:
I am blessed to have had the pleasure of hiring Carol for a few demos back in my Nashville days. This would have been in the mid 80s or so, and she was of course a dream to work with. Wish I had asked more questions and got her to share more stories. A musical icon, she is.   :)
Lucky you. If I closed my eyes, I wouldn't be able to tell she plays with a pick. Thanks for sharing this Rappie.

challism

26 Mar 2015

How, exactly, is the foam rubber placed under the strings?  Do you have any more information about this trick?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

motuscott

26 Mar 2015

:) I am blessed to have had the pleasure of hiring Carol for a few demos back in my Nashville days.   :)
Damn Selig. you got some miles on you.
Good on you, though.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information