When you save an NNXT patch, how is the sample associated with it?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
lowpryo

18 Mar 2015

hi guys, just trying to re-organize my library and I have a question about the NNXT.

if I import a WAV into the NNXT and then save that NNXT patch, what happens with the sample? is it saved with the patch? or does it stay in its location? and if it stays, what happens when i then move the NNXT patch file? does it still reference the old WAV location? does it search my library for that wav, regardless of where it is?
i have a similar question about saving a combinator that contains a synth preset inside of it. are the settings of that preset now saved to the combi? or do you have to load both the combi and the preset every time?
sorry if this is all confusing. I'm just a little lost as far as how things are associated with patches haha. 
any help is appreciated!

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Hi

When making a patch Reason points back to sample file location so if you move the sample then it won't be found and Reason will pop up find dialogs.

Files are relative so if you are going to make a ReFill then start with a Folder Structure for the Patches and have a Sample Folder in the main folder.

With a Combi the synth is part of the Combi so its patch described by the Combi patch so no need to worry about the core patch location anymore.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

lowpryo

18 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:Hi

When making a patch Reason points back to sample file location so if you move the sample then it won't be found and Reason will pop up find dialogs.

Files are relative so if you are going to make a ReFill then start with a Folder Structure for the Patches and have a Sample Folder in the main folder.

With a Combi the synth is part of the Combi so its patch described by the Combi patch so no need to worry about the core patch location anymore.

:)

thanks so much for the quick reply! i guess the "relative" location was the part i was having trouble understanding! so when an NNXT contains a wav, it's not pulling from a directory like "C:/Samples/file.wav", it's looking through the parent directory, or wherever the wav was saved in relation to it? that makes sense... kind of!

• Information