Suddenly Balance ignition not working

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BarbaraC

17 Mar 2015

Using Balance as I always have, quite suddenly this morning it isn't "igniting," which forced me to locate the dongle, which in turn required internet verification, which is a pain. Apparently, there's one or more licenses that need to be updated.

Okay, so something's gone wrong with the software for Balance, but such things are beyond my ability to fix. If I have to use the dongle, so be it, but it's been several years since I've touched the thing, and I've no idea how to get it so it doesn't require internet verification. Help!

Olivier

17 Mar 2015

Have you tried authorizing your computer instead ? this may be helpfull to be able to keep running Reason whilst looking how to fix Balance.
What i'd try is:
Reinstall balance drivers (that is, if you are on windows) https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... downloads/ .
Maybe something is wrong with Authorizer https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -download/ .
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

BarbaraC

17 Mar 2015

Now that I think about it, I've always been able to run Reason without Balance, which means I had my computer authorized, which in turn means this is where things have gone awry, so I'll reinstall the authorizer and hope it works.

Thanks for such a quick reply with the possible solutions.

BarbaraC

17 Mar 2015

RESULTS: Somehow, my computer became de-authorized since I last used Reason. The only thing that happened between then and now was one of those monster Windows updates, which was probably the culprit. So I've re-authorized and rewrote certain licenses, which wasn't easy because I couldn't find where to log in on the new site. I was looking for something obvious such as "Log In." Silly me.

Anyway, I'm now up and running again after much folderol. All I wanted to do was make music! :x

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

eusti

17 Mar 2015

Interesting! Something similar happened to me... I'm on a Mac (10.10.2) though...
But somehow Reason decided that something serious on my computer changed...
Well, yes, I changed my sharing permissions that got screwed up when upgrading to Yosemite...
Anyhow... After contacting support things got sorted out...

D.

Olivier

17 Mar 2015

Good to read you are up and running again.
What i do nowadays is authorize to my PC and my Ignition Key, and then take the key out until such time that i purchase something new. That way i hope i always have a backup authorized thingamajig if something fails...
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

BarbaraC

17 Mar 2015

@eusti: God forbid any of us should change the least little thing on our computers. It's kind of like the butterfly flapping its wings. The flap heard round the world, or in our case, the flap that metastasizes into a flop.

@eauhm: Originally, I authorized both the computer and the ignition key but then didn't think of it as time went on, and so the key worked to get things up and running this morning, but a bunch of stuff was missing. I wish I could say I'll remember to keep the key up to date, but my gut says I'd be lying.

• Information