POLL: Do you own a Selig Rack Extension?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

12 Mar 2015

Do you own Selig's Leveller, DeEsser or Gain? (or plan to during this current sale )

joeyluck

12 Mar 2015

A note for the future: You can also do multiple choice selections in polls ;)
Then for instance, you can know what 'TWO' REs the voters have...

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2015

Me has 4!

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

Thanks to EVERYONE who has supported my crazy idea to create Rack Extensions over the past few years. I am truly thankful for each purchase. When I first started this big adventure I had no idea how my concepts would be received, and I'm happy to say that while I'm not at all able to make a living solely off RE sales, it is still a VERY rewarding process that has been one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life! Stick around, I'm just getting started…   ;)

BTW, I would have thought that many more folks would go for ReMark, but it has "sold" (it's free…) the least of all my products by a long shot. Maybe I should have charged $9 for it and it would have sold more?!? ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Grinder One

12 Mar 2015

selig wrote:BTW, I would have thought that many more folks would go for ReMark, but it has "sold" (it's free…) the least of all my products by a long shot. Maybe I should have charged $9 for it and it would have sold more?!? ;)
That's interesting, in a strange way I mean. I use it a lot. Comparing it to SpacRE, it appears ReMark was released after SpacRE....is that the case ?
Because that would explain why to me...if people had bought SpacRE, they would probably be inclined to give ReMark a miss, more out of "I must get my money's worth out of SpacRE" than anything.

For example, if I bought a refill, then was given a pack with the same refill included, I would keep the one I paid for, and delete the free one.

Mart.

Grinder One

12 Mar 2015

erm...sorry but I have a problem with the poll. Ok, Remark isn't included(though it should be) but, the question is, 'have you bought a Selig RE' but the options are yes I have 2 or 3 etc. Now I may have bought 2, but I have 3 and I refuse to click I have 2 when I actually have 3...sorry :)
Either re-word it to 'Yes I have bought 2' etc or allow me to tell the truth which is 'Yes I have 3'.

Don't mean to be stubborn but, a poll needs to be correctly worded.

Mart.

alex

12 Mar 2015

Like many others I'm a proud owner of Leveler and DeEsser.

:)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

selig wrote:BTW, I would have thought that many more folks would go for ReMark, but it has "sold" (it's free…) the least of all my products by a long shot. Maybe I should have charged $9 for it and it would have sold more?!? ;)
Grinder One wrote: That's interesting, in a strange way I mean. I use it a lot. Comparing it to SpacRE, it appears ReMark was released after SpacRE....is that the case ?
Because that would explain why to me...if people had bought SpacRE, they would probably be inclined to give ReMark a miss, more out of "I must get my money's worth out of SpacRE" than anything.

For example, if I bought a refill, then was given a pack with the same refill included, I would keep the one I paid for, and delete the free one.

Mart.
That would make sense - ReMark was release a couple of months after Spacre IIRC - but ReMark has a 4.8 rating (and is FREE) vs Spacre's 3.8, which I'm guessing doesn't account for much… ;)

Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

12 Mar 2015

In regards to ReMark: Maybe not that many people want to write stuff to organize their racks?
Don't know... It would help to know how popular Spacre is... 

D.

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

eusti wrote:In regards to ReMark: Maybe not that many people want to write stuff to organize their racks?

D.
I would think that would apply more to Spacre, which is more designed for loads of notes. ReMark is designed for a single line of big text (or NO text at all), or to be color coded to create dividers/identifiers in the rack (and to work the same when folded, saving even more space). 

Not that it matters to me since it's free. But it was the only RE I built totally by request (not even my idea in the first place), so I figured since it was something that many users specifically asked for, and it's free, it should fly off the shelves.

Maybe this just goes to show that "free" isn't as popular as some may think…
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

12 Mar 2015

eusti wrote:In regards to ReMark: Maybe not that many people want to write stuff to organize their racks?

D.
selig wrote:
I would think that would apply more to Spacre, which is more designed for loads of notes. ReMark is designed for a single line of big text (or NO text at all), or to be color coded to create dividers/identifiers in the rack (and to work the same when folded, saving even more space). 

Not that it matters to me since it's free. But it was the only RE I built totally by request (not even my idea in the first place), so I figured since it was something that many users specifically asked for, and it's free, it should fly off the shelves.

I use them both occasionally.  I use Spacre simply to create space.  But sometimes I do write a bunch of notes...

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

Here's the thing, I don't own any Selig devices and I often wonder why.

I got the ReMark spacer but quickly realized I just didn't need it at all. I manage fine without rack spacers. Seemed a great idea and I championed it but reality was I didn't need it. I made a VST that I thought would change DAWs but it just stiffed (PreRoll Recorder). Go figure.

Gain I was super excited over but once I got the trial it just seemed to me I wouldn't use it much. That and the pans freaked me out. I will admit be being very tempted again at $9.

DeEsser has no role for me as I don't sing no more.

Leveller always intrigues me but I haven't even tried it. Again rather interested at half price as I think I may be ready for it but...

I'm out of the market for a while as I just quit my job in disgust over the new big boss being a big... If he can't tell the difference between a customer and someone who wants to make personal insults despite being repeatedly offered the outcome demanded then I got no respect for him. Been a long time coming.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

rvman

13 Mar 2015

stratatonic wrote:Do you own Selig's Leveller, DeEsser or Gain? (or plan to during this current sale )
I wish.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

cpetersus

13 Mar 2015

selig wrote:Thanks to EVERYONE who has supported my crazy idea to create Rack Extensions over the past few years. I am truly thankful for each purchase. When I first started this big adventure I had no idea how my concepts would be received, and I'm happy to say that while I'm not at all able to make a living solely off RE sales, it is still a VERY rewarding process that has been one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life! Stick around, I'm just getting started…   ;)

BTW, I would have thought that many more folks would go for ReMark, but it has "sold" (it's free…) the least of all my products by a long shot. Maybe I should have charged $9 for it and it would have sold more?!? ;)
This seems nuts to me. I am signed up as a Dev but quickly realized that the SDK was beyond my technical abilities and the return wasn't worth the investment. However, one of my thoughts was to create a free utility RE to understand how big the market was in order to understand what my potential investment could be.

The fact that ReMark didn't move that well baffles me. I still wish Propellerhead would give us Devs a hint at what the potential market size is. It could help encourage investment. No indication from Propellerhead to the market size indicates to me the market is smaller than they care to share.
:PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :reason: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :refill: :re: Chris Peters -> Richmond, VA Reason 8 - MacMini (2012) i7 2.6 Quad Core w/10G Presonus AudioBox1818 -Alesis QX49 - Akai MPD26 - Presonus Monitor Station 2

Kazz

14 Mar 2015

I've got all 4, but I'm waiting for more! They really are some of the best devices in the shop. :)

As for ReMark, while it's a nice little tool for those who really want to put labels or other markers in the rack, I suspect that there are more people who really liked the *idea* of doing it than there are people who actually like doing it...

It was also a big push from a small group, and I wonder if perhaps the wider Reason user base just never really noticed because it wasn't something they were looking for?

selig
RE Developer

14 Mar 2015

selig wrote:Thanks to EVERYONE who has supported my crazy idea to create Rack Extensions over the past few years. I am truly thankful for each purchase. When I first started this big adventure I had no idea how my concepts would be received, and I'm happy to say that while I'm not at all able to make a living solely off RE sales, it is still a VERY rewarding process that has been one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life! Stick around, I'm just getting started…   ;)

cpetersus wrote: This seems nuts to me. I am signed up as a Dev but quickly realized that the SDK was beyond my technical abilities and the return wasn't worth the investment. However, one of my thoughts was to create a free utility RE to understand how big the market was in order to understand what my potential investment could be. The fact that ReMark didn't move that well baffles me. I still wish Propellerhead would give us Devs a hint at what the potential market size is. It could help encourage investment. No indication from Propellerhead to the market size indicates to me the market is smaller than they care to share.
As to market size, there was an actual number mentioned on the Re Dev forum - PM me if you like and I'll try to remember what thread it was in. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

14 Mar 2015

Kazz wrote:I've got all 4, but I'm waiting for more! They really are some of the best devices in the shop. :) As for ReMark, while it's a nice little tool for those who really want to put labels or other markers in the rack, I suspect that there are more people who really liked the *idea* of doing it than there are people who actually like doing it... It was also a big push from a small group, and I wonder if perhaps the wider Reason user base just never really noticed because it wasn't something they were looking for?
That all sounds logical - live and learn!

i must say even "I" had to work ReMark into my workflow, but once I did it became useful (mostly and especially for larger projects)! It's funny how we tend to avoid change…same thing happened when I first worked with a HUI fader controller and Pro Tools - for the first month I literally had to force myself to use the damn thing, and it was uncomfortable. Then I hit the zone (this was 15 years ago!) and now I can't live without a hardware controller and Pro Tools (using D-Command currently). 
Selig Audio, LLC

GRIFTY

14 Mar 2015

i got spacre alongside buffre.... but picked up remark on principle. (i pick up almost every free RE).  i had it in my mind spacre was my favorite one, but come to think of it, i've never used either

Fretless Fingers

14 Mar 2015

D.
selig wrote:

For the record I joined in on that conversation when it was being designed and use it and spacer heavily.

Remark is my organizer breaking things up in the rack and labeling my fader/device groups bits sees allot more play than spacer

Spacer is what I use when I need to wright notes on how a combinator works, I have a song idea or reminders on general tweaking

There both invaluable tools to help stay organized and recall the massive things we tend to create while using Reason
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

• Information