Keyboard Shortcut: Next Track?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rook

11 Mar 2015

Hey, guys, hope you're all doing well. Quick question:

I've looked in the manual and haven't found an answer to this one. Is there a quick way to change the track in focus?

For instance, if you're playing your controller keyboard and have a pad or something selected but want to jump down to another track to control the synth on your bass track...is there an easy way to do this? Without switching over to the sequencer view and actually clicking on the track to put it in focus.

I used to have a controller keyboard that had "Next/Previous Track" buttons that accomplished this, but I'm using a more generic keyboard at the moment that doesn't have dedicated buttons for it. It's becoming a bit of a pain.

Any help appreciated!

SoulState

11 Mar 2015

Hi
Should be able to switch track focus with the up/down arrows on your computer keyboard.
:reason:

Rook

11 Mar 2015

SoulState wrote:Hi
Should be able to switch track focus with the up/down arrows on your computer keyboard.
I was about to laugh my ass off, if that worked lol. But, that seems to only highlight the tracks, but it doesn't change the focus of the midi controller. 

SoulState

12 Mar 2015

Rook wrote:
I was about to laugh my ass off, if that worked lol. But, that seems to only highlight the tracks, but it doesn't change the focus of the midi controller. 
Nope the arrows change the midi focus.  I use 'em constantly.  Never any need to use the mouse or midi keyboard - just the arrows.

It also changes Record focus too.

joeyluck

12 Mar 2015

Rook wrote:
SoulState wrote:
Nope the arrows change the midi focus.  I use 'em constantly.  Never any need to use the mouse or midi keyboard - just the arrows.

Yes, but you have to maintain sequencer focus, correct?

Grinder One

13 Mar 2015

Rook wrote:
SoulState wrote:

joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Yes, but you have to maintain sequencer focus, correct?

Yes...detach the rack for example(so you don't see the sequencer), and the arrows only move through selected devices, but without actually switching to them midi wise. I suspect this is what the O/P is referring to when asking his original question.
I tried myself...holding down shifts and alts etc...even pressing enter once the device is selected, that one should really do it...but no nothing.

Mart.

motuscott

13 Mar 2015

I haven't found a way to do this from QWERTY.
I can do it from my nanokontrol2 USB device though.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Rook

13 Mar 2015

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I looked through the shortcut list and couldn't find anything. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible from the qwerty.

Oh well... I was planning on getting a new midi controller anyway. Probably the Nektar Impact, which I know has the track select buttons.

SoulState

13 Mar 2015

Yes, but you have to maintain sequencer focus, correct?

Yeah thats right.  Can't do it in the Rack or Mixer view.

SoulState

13 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:This is an awesome resource. If it's possible, likely you'll find it here:
http://reasonkeyboardshortcuts.com/reas ... shortcuts/
Good find :thumbup:

Love the way the corresponding shortcut key highlights when you mouse over the info.

• Information