Ernst for a day

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JNeffLind

09 Mar 2015

Let's say you are king for a day and the changes you make will endure. What would you do to Props. This can be either a joke or a serious answer.

E.g.

Joke: Cutting edge system that allows Figure and Take files as payment for parking, subway, and vacation rentals in EU. All rights reserved.  ;)

Serious: Cut the required checks to make Selig's devices and Parsec stock as well as something fun and effectsy like Synchronous or Echobode. FIX browser and update sequencer and sampler (really only minor tweaks that would go a long way). Release as Reason 10.0 (9 blown away) and as a free upgrade for those who already own the RE's.

Theo.M

09 Mar 2015

I'd rather play as Ernst for a day TBH! Isn't Mattias their face of social media, ie what could one possibly do as being Mattias for a day "power wise"?

if i was ernst for a day i would change so much i don't think there is room to list it here LOL!

C//AZM

09 Mar 2015

If I were Matthias for a day I would close the PUF and....

Ok seriously, if I were Props king for a day, I would give several options for the GUI. the ver.8 one, the "classic" one and a couple new ones. Also a dark grey SSL skin much like most of the ssl 4000es or gs out there. I would make it easy to go in and out of rewire sync by just a click of a mouse. Lastly, I would open the entire PUF as an archive only, read only file.

JNeffLind

09 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:I'd rather play as Ernst for a day TBH! Isn't Mattias their face of social media, ie what could one possibly do as being Mattias for a day "power wise"?

if i was ernst for a day i would change so much i don't think there is room to list it here LOL!
Fixed it.

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

I would kick everybody out the office , sell to Google or apple and get some dope and tits

a yhea and I would drop doing music and pay illegal migrants to do that for me and take all the credit for it ! :D

I would also Re-Edit the Rebirth Watch on a i-Watch format

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Lunesis

09 Mar 2015

If I was Ernst, I would start my own company forums on the official website ;)

hydlide

09 Mar 2015

If I would be Ernst for a day, I would take the day off and spend this with family.

jappe

09 Mar 2015

If I was Ernst for a day, I would go up to the mountains, find a cosy cave and meditate there a year as a hermit.
When I come back to civilization I would bring with me a divine vision of how to unite all Reasoners through an almighty Reason version that shines brighter than the sun.
And there would be peace and joy and puf and all.

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

jappe wrote:If I was Ernst for a day, I would go up to the mountains, find a cosy cave and meditate there a year as a hermit.
When I come back to civilization I would bring with me a divine vision of how to unite all Reasoners through an almighty Reason version that shines brighter than the sun.
And there would be peace and joy and puf and all.
bahahahaha

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Last Alternative

09 Mar 2015

*If I was Ernst I would refund everyone for the overpriced/underfeatured R8 in hopes of reassuring their appreciation from the company and swaying anyone who is thinking about ducking out.
*Then I would release an official statement sincerely apologizing to my customers for my arrogance and neglect of their concerns.
*Then I would kick myself in the ass for deleting the PUF and grovel at Lunesis' feet and offer a wealthy sum to include Reason Talk into the PH website.
*Then I would redo the website to be more inviting, not some cheaply made advertisement spam looking thing that mocks the company's history.
*Then I would make it mandatory for RE developers to include a tutorial for every device and send them back to the drawing board when their REs eat up so much CPU, in the meantime, making my PH employees do the same with PH devices, also integrating them as stock tools and stop milking my loyal customers for more money on PH's own devices. It would be that every new PH would be stock henceforth.
*Then I would make REs sellable and humbly accept refund requests for REs that did not meet expectations, or that were never bug fixed.
*Then I would get real for R9 and go all out on long awaited feature requests. Things that are pathetically not already in Reason. I would ask myself, "Ernst. Why do you only integrate 1 or 2 customer requests every few years or so? What the Hell is wrong with you man?"
*Then I would probably give the Ernst status back to Ernst and PH would be a much better company... at least until he got all money hungry and user neglectful again.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Jagwah

09 Mar 2015

If I was Ernst for a day I would get a shirt printed that says 'Wow I'm Ernst' and wear it for the duration of the day.

Next I would assess the revenue and popularity of Discover / Take / and all other ventures beside Reason. I would assess them as one, if it seemed negative in any way then in one fell swoop I would go around the offices yelling 'Tools down! Tools down everyone!' Then I would ask everyone to return to their old desks and chairs that they used to sit at when everything was all about Reason.

Then I would elevate Mattias' position to something better than talking to people on social media.

Then I would tell Ryan Harlin to make me a funny video that only I am allowed to watch.

Following that, I would get a coffee mug printed with 'Wow I was Ernst.'

JNeffLind

09 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:*If I was Ernst I would refund everyone for the overpriced/underfeatured R8 in hopes of reassuring their appreciation from the company and swaying anyone who is thinking about ducking out.
*Then I would release an official statement sincerely apologizing to my customers for my arrogance and neglect of their concerns.
*Then I would kick myself in the ass for deleting the PUF and grovel at Lunesis' feet and offer a wealthy sum to include Reason Talk into the PH website.
*Then I would redo the website to be more inviting, not some cheaply made advertisement spam looking thing that mocks the company's history.
*Then I would make it mandatory for RE developers to include a tutorial for every device and send them back to the drawing board when their REs eat up so much CPU, in the meantime, making my PH employees do the same with PH devices, also integrating them as stock tools and stop milking my loyal customers for more money on PH's own devices. It would be that every new PH would be stock henceforth.
*Then I would make REs sellable and humbly accept refund requests for REs that did not meet expectations, or that were never bug fixed.
*Then I would get real for R9 and go all out on long awaited feature requests. Things that are pathetically not already in Reason. I would ask myself, "Ernst. Why do you only integrate 1 or 2 customer requests every few years or so? What the Hell is wrong with you man?"
*Then I would probably give the Ernst status back to Ernst and PH would be a much better company.
I think maybe you would also reformat the website font color.  ;)

Last Alternative

09 Mar 2015

LOL what can I say- I have a colorful personality.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Gulale

10 Mar 2015

I dont wanna be him for a second. Damn I love to go to the gym everyday. Think about my body and soul. 
Gulale aka Bereket

motuscott

11 Mar 2015

I would go back in time and kill Hitler, but a buttload of people would still be pissed off about Reason 8 so I politely decline the offer.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Shokstar

11 Mar 2015

If I would Ernst, I would add VST to the Reason-Rack!!!

rvman

11 Mar 2015

PH just tweeted a job opening.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

cpetersus

13 Mar 2015

I would have reason act as a Rewire Master such that it could finally be the main/master software studio tool and not some patched in piece.
:PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :reason: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :refill: :re: Chris Peters -> Richmond, VA Reason 8 - MacMini (2012) i7 2.6 Quad Core w/10G Presonus AudioBox1818 -Alesis QX49 - Akai MPD26 - Presonus Monitor Station 2

• Information