Cannot download free rack extensions.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Purpleb

09 Mar 2015

Are we not able to download free rack extensions anymore?

I was trying to download polymodular cv splitter and I hit purchase, it should take me to the download page but it does not. Then I tried to download RE180 Dynamic Driver and same thing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Gaja

09 Mar 2015

Are you syncing from your account, or are you teying to download from the shop?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Purpleb

09 Mar 2015

Im signed on with my account then I select buy and it takes me to the screen with the "purchase" button.
I hit the purchase button and then nothing happens. It does not take me to the download page.

It will let me "try" the free RE and download the month trial of the RE

Idk its strange

gak

09 Mar 2015

Forgive me if I'm way off, but you do have to go through the process of "buying" even though it's free. Maybe this is hanging you up?

Purpleb

09 Mar 2015

Yeah that is what i am trying to do.
I select buy
Go to checkout
Hit the purchase button
And then nothing happens, the purchase button goes through its little loading animation like it is about to take me to the next screen that lets me download the RE, but nothing happens. The button stops doing its little loading animation and it stays on same screen, never taking me to the download screen.

I have purchased REs and have a few free ones too. Never had this problem before.

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2015

Isn't that a sign you need to upgrade to the latest Authorizer app (or whatever it is called)?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Gaja

09 Mar 2015

What Benedict said, plus try downloading it from your account, rather than from the shop.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

psychasm

09 Mar 2015

I also had the same problem and discovered  it has to be downloaded as a trial version , then it gives u the option of downloading. If u select "buy" , then nothing happens, even tho it is free.

Purpleb

09 Mar 2015

Gaja wrote:Are you syncing from your account, or are you teying to download from the shop?
what do you mean sync from your account? or downloading from your account?

Do you mean go to: my account>products>rack extensions and then download from there?

Because the rack extensions are not showing up there only the trail versions, it will let me re-download the trail but no option to buy from there.
Benedict wrote:Isn't that a sign you need to upgrade to the latest Authorizer app (or whatever it is called)?
this sounds interesting how do you update the authorizer app? I opened up authorizer and there is no option to update it.
psychasm wrote:I also had the same problem and discovered  it has to be downloaded as a trial version , then it gives u the option of downloading. If u select "buy" , then nothing happens, even tho it is free.
Yes we are having same exact problem! Did you ever find a fix for it?

Gaja

09 Mar 2015

Yes I meant go to your account/Rack extensions and press sync all. You can't buy from there of course, I assumed you had bought it, but no download happened.
To get the latest authorizer I think you must uninstall Reason, then reinstall, so it downloads the latest version (there might be an easier way, but this one should work - I didn't find a download for authorizer).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

psychasm

09 Mar 2015

Gaja wrote:Are you syncing from your account, or are you teying to download from the shop?
Purpleb wrote:
what do you mean sync from your account? or downloading from your account?

Do you mean go to: my account>products>rack extensions and then download from there?

Because the rack extensions are not showing up there only the trail versions, it will let me re-download the trail but no option to buy from there.
Benedict wrote:Isn't that a sign you need to upgrade to the latest Authorizer app (or whatever it is called)?
Purpleb wrote:
this sounds interesting how do you update the authorizer app? I opened up authorizer and there is no option to update it.
psychasm wrote:I also had the same problem and discovered  it has to be downloaded as a trial version , then it gives u the option of downloading. If u select "buy" , then nothing happens, even tho it is free.
Purpleb wrote:
Yes we are having same exact problem! Did you ever find a fix for it?

(1) Just click 'buy ', in the shop. The item should appear in your shopping cart.
(2) Click ' checkout '
(3) you will notice nothing happens when u select ' purchase' even if u
'check out with Paypal' or ' Credit card ' or whatever other method u use.
(4) Go to your account and see if the rack extension appears as a trial version
Mines says that i downloaded and installed CV MEtre on 07/03/2015 and expires on
06/04/2015 . Im not sure if this gets 'reset ' again but this has never happened with the other free Re utilities I have. No problems with any of the other ones and my authoriser is version 2.6.1

Has anyone else had any troubles downloading free Re's recently I wonder?

emasters

09 Mar 2015

Free updates aren't working either -- suspect the shop is having issues again.  Also, user area RE's owned, currently list "none" which is incorrect.

Purpleb

09 Mar 2015

I just sent support a message

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

i just checked my account , all is here and ok .....

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Purpleb

10 Mar 2015

Quick Update:

I emailed support and they said there is no known problems or issues.

So I tried it again today (same way I have been trying to do it) and now it works!!  :s0221:

So anyone else having this issue try it now it should work.

motuscott

10 Mar 2015

Something is wonky in Sweden. Many of us have had these glitches. Mine resolved in about an hour and I'm not sure if I did the correct thing or something else changed.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

NMRosta

10 Mar 2015

Cool.. I have the same problem with the new free /B Audio & CV Switch
Also, i can´t download RE from firefox because it just say "you need to install a program to be able to open the site"

Wieard...

Vesterager

11 Mar 2015

I just d/led the A/B switcher and it is working on my end using Safari. 

• Information