What do you love most about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Symo

05 Mar 2015

Got to be the workflow for me also. Tried numerous other DAWs and they are all a PITA to use compared to Reason :) .

normen

05 Mar 2015

Not having to get used to a new workflow each time you have a new plugin or something is also the main plus in Reason to me. You just get continuously "better" with it and don't "reset" each time theres something new. And of course dem cables :D

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2015

1. I love how I can just experiment with the system to create new behaviours in ways Propellerhead could not anticipate (like creating Compressors with Thor instances, or implementing digital maths).
  2. The environment is simple, concise and expressive. Giving me the freedom to create a wide variety of solutions in multiple different ways.
  3. The limitations that give me a context to be creative.

psychasm

05 Mar 2015

The superfast workflow coupled with the  unique routing system . I can do in a weekend what would take me weeks in other any another Daw and still have time to spare.

EnochLight

05 Mar 2015

The workflow/rack metaphor.  I have yet to find any other DAW that captures that inspirational "flow".  I also think Rack Extensions, and more to the point, how they are native rack citizens that require ZERO learning curve, as well as their ease of managing (installation, licensing, etc) keep me here.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

CharlyCharlzz

05 Mar 2015

the upgrades offers with great RE bundles.... (sarcastic)

I like the FX that make samples & patches sound huge & loud !
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Grinder One

05 Mar 2015

I always feel like I'm in a virtual studio, rather than a DAW. I remember the very first time I pressed TAB, "oh, I need to grab a cup of coffee, I'm gonna be here for some time".

Concep

05 Mar 2015

I love how everything is connected in a tangible way, from rack to sequencer to mixer. I makes it a lot easier to understand where the signal is going. It really makes it easy for me to get an idea down and create without focusing on the how.

BarbaraC

05 Mar 2015

I know nothing technical about music, always flying by the seat of my pants, but I was able to use Reason almost right out of the box with a little help from someone else, and then Reason somehow taught me to make music. That's what I love most about it. It's been my friend.

Lunesis

05 Mar 2015

Just that I can easily make music on it. To me it has always been a unique, stylish and fun way to write music. I think that straightforwardness is the key to a good tool, and that a solid concept and usability is better to me than flashiness. I honestly think that a lot of complaints about it are from people who think they could really hit it big if only they had a few more features in their DAW. I am not really much of a complainer myself, but I know I can get pretty frustrated, and Reason doesn't often make me feel that way very often even with its supposed lack of features. I've tried a few other DAWs but for me, I feel like I am the one who needs to catch up with Reason, and not vice versa (like I see a lot of folks claiming). Easy to learn, hard to master as they say.

PSoames

05 Mar 2015

I like that it makes sense - usually. Certainly the hardware emulation and the wiring up of devices. I scratch my head sometimes when using the sequencer and have found myself asking, "why did they do it like that?"

I've tried other DAWs, but I hate the lack of rack.

NMRosta

05 Mar 2015

The complet freedom and possibility to create my own waves/sounds or just choise already created instrument if im in hurry :)

Also love all those cables... Malmström... and all those young efects like DDL-1 CF-101 and the MATRIX/REDRUM(inspired by movies title) They are all like sweet babys or fish in a bowl if you like.

submonsterz

06 Mar 2015

Top right corner the little x in the box.
That feature never fails never goes wrong works just as good as any other daw out there.
Brilliant piece of coding that.

gullum

06 Mar 2015

submonsterz wrote:Top right corner the little x in the box. That feature never fails never goes wrong works just as good as any other daw out there. Brilliant piece of coding that.
I don't have any x in the top right corner must be a future for sh*ty window computer or something :P

My favorite future lately is time stretching I make lots of remixed and it's so easy to change tempo of the original and still have it sound good at almost any tempo

submonsterz

06 Mar 2015

submonsterz wrote:Top right corner the little x in the box. That feature never fails never goes wrong works just as good as any other daw out there. Brilliant piece of coding that.
gullum wrote:
I don't have any x in the top right corner must be a future for sh*ty window computer or something :P

My favorite future lately is time stretching I make lots of remixed and it's so easy to change tempo of the original and still have it sound good at almost any tempo
I feel sorry for you not having an X in top right corner. And seems to me I can make music just the same on my less expensive (more powerful pound for pound) pc as you on you're over priced machine wow fancy that lol. :) .

jappe

06 Mar 2015

Workflow boost in R8, RE:s, the creative potential even with core devices only.

frog974new

06 Mar 2015

love the way with Reason we can build all that we want just only the Rack cv output and input :thumbup:

gullum

06 Mar 2015

submonsterz wrote: I feel sorry for you not having an X in top right corner. And seems to me I can make music just the same on my less expensive (more powerful pound for pound) pc as you on you're over priced machine wow fancy that lol. :) .
I hope you understand it was a joke I do have that button but only on the left side instead 

submonsterz

06 Mar 2015

submonsterz wrote: I feel sorry for you not having an X in top right corner. And seems to me I can make music just the same on my less expensive (more powerful pound for pound) pc as you on you're over priced machine wow fancy that lol. :) .
gullum wrote:
I hope you understand it was a joke I do have that button but only on the left side instead 
Yes and yes and still feel sorry for you it not being on the right side ;) as for me I'm left handed and means more work up and side to get too instead of the natural up ;) . So for right handed people being on the left is as much real estate surfing to get too lol . See the method in my madness :) .

Jagwah

07 Mar 2015

The thing I love most about Reason is how awesome it is.

Seriously though I would have to say two things, firstly the audio and CV routing system - I couldn't imagine changing to a right click menu system to sidechain something after having been spoilt with Reason's awesome cabling system. I feel like I am very in control, I know where cables are going and why they are going there. CV, how could you not love Reason's CV once you get a basic grasp of it, stupendously cool.

Secondly, Rack Extensions. If Props want to go off and focus all of their manpower on making apps and answering millions of questions on social media which pains me a great deal, as long as 3rd party developers are on the scene they should make up for whatever silly ventures Props want to do besides making Reason better. Imagine if we didn't have Rack Extensions, and Props were like 'Oh yeah we're going to focus on making apps and things for a few years and you can't talk to us because we are closing the forum, go away.' That would suck, but no, 3rd party developers are the ones moving Reason forward in leaps and bounds imo.   

kitekrazy

07 Mar 2015

zakalwe wrote:the modularity (?) of it.  i can get lost for hours.
This.

Gulale

07 Mar 2015

Redrum and Kong
Gulale aka Bereket

• Information