Propellerhead Ambassador Justen Williams Interview

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
msimp

03 Mar 2015

Had the pleasure of chatting with my guy Justen Williams recently.  You've previously seen him on some of the Propellerhead promo videos.  Feel free to peep the interview on my site Reasontowork.com.  He talks R8, Rack Extensions, mixing/mastering, his current projects, and what he hopes to see in the future of Reason.  Enjoy!

[url=http:// http//reasontowork.com/producer-talk-justen-williams/]Image[/url]
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 995 times

Concep

03 Mar 2015

Cool interview, man.

Rice

03 Mar 2015

I enjoyed the read, thanks

gak

03 Mar 2015

Says "not available"

Do you have to have a subscription?

msimp

03 Mar 2015

gak wrote:Says "not available"

Do you have to have a subscription?
What do you mean?  You can't read the interview?

ClassickHitz

04 Mar 2015

Very insightful interview. And here you have yet another major user explaining how shutting down the user Forum was short-sided and flat out stupid in so many words of course. 

The brand ambassador is even asking for plugin integration. REs be damned Props has to abandon this stubborn stance of futility. 

KEVMOVE02

04 Mar 2015

ClassickHitz wrote: Very insightful interview. And here you have yet another major user explaining how shutting down the user Forum was short-sided and flat out stupid in so many words of course. 
The brand ambassador is even asking for plugin integration. REs be damned Props has to abandon this stubborn stance of futility. 
I wouldn't say that his comments about forums or plugins were the headlines of the interview. If anything, he really wants to see a "Maschine" emulation:

"I’m a drummer and a live musician before I am a producer, so realistic sounding devices, instruments, and rack extensions will continue to be a step in the right direction. Some of these third parties make some amazing plugins, so just like any user, I would love to either see the integration of plugins, and or the Rack Extension version of it. Also, as previously stated, I LOVE MASCHINE, so it would be great if Props could incorporate something in that vein to enhance the simplicity of drum programming and sampling. Kong is dope, but if they can tap into some of the elements of Maschine, that would be AMAZING. I know you and I have had some talks on how great this would be and I am sure we aren’t the only ones who feel this way!" Producer Talk interview with Justen  Williams 

If you happen to own an iPad or iPhone, do yourself a favor and download iMaschine and IMMEDIATELY buy all the loop libraries. You will not regret it. Possibly the best pocket sketchpad on the planet. 

• Information