Modifying Playback?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Raveshaper

27 Feb 2015

Has anyone tried messing with the song position of the playhead using cv passed through midi loopback? I want to try this out because I think the results of recording audio while stuttering the song position around might be really interesting.

As an aside, would it be possible to create triggerable cue points like in Traktor? It would be cool to turn the timeline itself into a sample player that responds to pads.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

ScuzzyEye

27 Feb 2015

I suppose if you use a device to generate the CV, that might work. But where are you going to record the audio? It'll have to be in another program. Reason will always put the audio under the play head, so a jump in play position will simply be a jump in record position. In the end you'll have the same thing as if you recorded straight without the jumping around.

Raveshaper

27 Feb 2015

Hmm. You're probably right. But it seems that things like reverb and other effects with longer release times would bleed into portions of the timeline where they don't normally belong. I'll have to try something and see what happens.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information