Codemeter Runtime Service slows down startup

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ocelot1

22 Feb 2015

Hi,

i changed my mainboard a few days ago and since then I have this strange issue that after booting in win 8.1 when i click on my computer it takes 10-20sec to show up my drives and everything else is also not responsive. When I deactivate the codemeter runtime service I dont have this issue. When my computer boots up the network sign on the bottom right in taskbar is also unavaible for the same amount of time its like the codemeter service is blocking my tcp/ip port for 10-20sec at startup or somethign like that...
Is anybody else having this issue? or maybe some advice

My rig:
Intel i7 5960x
Asus Rampage v extreme
16gb ram
win 8.1
all drivers are updated

Thanks!

Theo.M

22 Feb 2015

ocelot1 wrote:Hi,

i changed my mainboard a few days ago and since then I have this strange issue that after booting in win 8.1 when i click on my computer it takes 10-20sec to show up my drives and everything else is also not responsive. When I deactivate the codemeter runtime service I dont have this issue. When my computer boots up the network sign on the bottom right in taskbar is also unavaible for the same amount of time its like the codemeter service is blocking my tcp/ip port for 10-20sec at startup or somethign like that...
Is anybody else having this issue? or maybe some advice

My rig:
Intel i7 5960x
Asus Rampage v extreme
16gb ram
win 8.1
all drivers are updated

Thanks!
yeah on mac it has slowed down my boot time considerably, that started with reason 6. when i stopped using reason for a while and removed all codemeter, my computer booted up (in it's ready to use state) 5x faster or so... now i have to wait, even thought boot up itself is the same, for all my icons to display in my mac task bar/dock, so i can start using the machine. So exactly the same here. It's not just a windows thing.

ocelot1

22 Feb 2015

hi,

my boot time is good I dont have any issues, it is after the booting is done and im in OS my drives show up after 10-20seconds....and im having this issue after changing my mainboard

Theo.M

22 Feb 2015

ocelot1 wrote:hi,

my boot time is good I dont have any issues, it is after the booting is done and im in OS my drives show up after 10-20seconds....and im having this issue after changing my mainboard
that's pretty much exactly what i just echoed. Boot time is fine, it's when the OS becomes actually usable that is delayed.

Are you on SSD?

Just a 7200rpm old school laptop drive here.

ocelot1

22 Feb 2015

yes im on ssd. What I also noticed is when I disable windows search or codemeter the problem is solved. But both together are not a happy couple!

Ostermilk

22 Feb 2015

I disable the Codemeter startup at boot time as it runs fine whenever I first start Reason and Windows isn't thrashing around trying to get everything else going at boot time.  Also I figure if I'm not running Reason during a particular session of uptime then I clearly don't need the Codemeter service running.

I don't have Windows search indexing enabled either as it's a pain when it runs in the background at an inopportune moment, which means basically whenever it decides to run.  I don't spend that much time looking for stuff on my system to worry about search speeds which seem quick enough on those occasions where I do look for something.

Basically nothing runs unless I explicitly want it to and it seems like I have to keep a constant vigil against unwanted software updaters, system monitors, quick starter apps and the like that seem to insist on how my system should be run.  It's usually the clamour and free for all among all that garbage at start time that causes slow boot times and excessive unecessary use of resources.

Also you mention it's a new Asus board, often times the Asus AI Suite is more trouble than it's worth I don't know if they've imporved any of that stuff but my ASUS board worked much better when I got rid of any traces of it.  The latest version of that if you do have it installed though should be 3 V1.00.95 dated Feb 2015

• Information