Radical Pianos..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eox

22 Feb 2015

Don't forget how wonderful and unique you can get it to sound! I started writing and came up with a chord progression while using Radical Pianos wired into a pulverizer for extra grit. Now the first part of the video is the start of a new song I'm trying to write, second half is a little rendition of a song by Giles Lamb. Either way, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/4i3x3HQ0ZCc

eusti

22 Feb 2015

Nice one! Thanks for sharing!

D.

eox

22 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Nice one! Thanks for sharing!

D.
Thank you eusti!

Scoobyman II

22 Feb 2015

That was really nice. From 6.5 to 7.1 Reason felt empty to me until I bought Radical Piano on the last sale.

eox

22 Feb 2015

Scoobyman II wrote:That was really nice. From 6.5 to 7.1 Reason felt empty to me until I bought Radical Piano on the last sale.
Thank you!

Yes..I thought the same thing..at first I loved radical pianos when it first came out then I started allowing outside influences convince me it sounded to "thin" all of the time. But then I realized it really has so much to offer and as far as thin goes, you can always beef it up with Pulverizer, Scream, and even Audiomatic.

EnochLight

22 Feb 2015

I paid full price for Radical Piano and would do it again. Simply love that thing - especially the mechanical key noise and sympathetic resonance. @eox: nice track!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PSoames

22 Feb 2015

I'm with you guys. Love Radical Piano.

OP is a great showcase for a great RE.

tibah

22 Feb 2015

Got it in the last deal. Becomes "another place" really. I do write a lot with it and have my personal time just playing and enjoying the moment. I'm more into the unnatural types, with loads of keys noise, release, wonky pitch and subdued character and way too much of Uhbik A on top. :)

eox

22 Feb 2015

Again thank you all!

Radical Pianos can truly gets underrated in my opinion. The mechanical sounds, pedal noises, and other parameters are really deep that can really bring something alive. I'm glad to see some good support for that product as I believe Propellerhead made a good move giving us this RE. Now, if only they would get us an acoustic drum kit like Radical Pianos but maybe Radical Drums..I would be on board!

joeyluck

22 Feb 2015

Rad Piano is one of my favorite things in Reason.

I use Radical Piano, Reason Pianos, Abbey Road Keyboards...and I'm still always confused by the folks who chime in to say Radical Piano doesn't sound as good...?  It's one of the more convincing pianos IMO.

Ayello

22 Feb 2015

really nice !

eox

22 Feb 2015

Ayello wrote:really nice !
Thank you, and all of you for the nice things being said. I was hoping a little Rad. Piano may inspire someone today to make some music! Remember..YOU control the music, don't let the music control you until AFTER you finish your production. Before that, you are in charge!

Rice

22 Feb 2015

Well let me chime in also...I too love the Rad piano. It blends well in my tracks and that's what matters most to me, I don't do (often) solo piano tracks or use it live.

gullum

23 Feb 2015

I don't use piano in many of my songs but I do in some and Rad Pio has mode them sound quite better

PGR

23 Feb 2015

I shouldn´t write this. My english is to poor but I do it anyway because piano is so important for me in my music production.
I think Props are doing mostly everything right. When I saw Radical Piano coming I really wanted to like it. But every time I play this RE I become so disappointed. This is not my definition of a good piano sound. In software I have played NI Alicia Keys, Steinberg Grand 3 and Pianoteq 5.  This is how I define a good piano sound. I take them with me if I I play live on stage in a solo or band setting or want to record a piano that sounds like an acoustic piano.   For me Radical Piano is good for productions where you have the piano sound as the starting point but where you want a more processed piano. But not as a naturally piano sound.
From my understanding, SoundIron is eventually going to release Emotional Piano as a RE. Now that is perhaps what I would call a good piano sound for a more ambient production.  

QVprod

11 Mar 2015

PGR wrote: I shouldn´t write this. My english is to poor but I do it anyway because piano is so important for me in my music production.
I think Props are doing mostly everything right. When I saw Radical Piano coming I really wanted to like it. But every time I play this RE I become so disappointed. This is not my definition of a good piano sound. In software I have played NI Alicia Keys, Steinberg Grand 3 and Pianoteq 5.  This is how I define a good piano sound. I take them with me if I I play live on stage in a solo or band setting or want to record a piano that sounds like an acoustic piano.   For me Radical Piano is good for productions where you have the piano sound as the starting point but where you want a more processed piano. But not as a naturally piano sound.
From my understanding, SoundIron is eventually going to release Emotional Piano as a RE. Now that is perhaps what I would call a good piano sound for a more ambient production.  
You're not alone. I find nothing spectacular about it either (as do many others). The options outside of Reason for natural sounding pianos are leagues better. Thing is, some people don't leave Reason. Think a lot of us not so radically impressed folk stayed out of this one since there were quite few threads about this on the PUF.

I agree that SoundIron RE does indeed look promising though.

joeyluck

11 Mar 2015

PGR wrote: I shouldn´t write this. My english is to poor but I do it anyway because piano is so important for me in my music production.
QVprod wrote:
You're not alone. I find nothing spectacular about it either (as do many others). The options outside of Reason for natural sounding pianos are leagues better. Thing is, some people don't leave Reason. Think a lot of us
QVprod wrote:not so radically impressed folk
QVprod wrote: stayed out of this one since there were quite few threads about this on the PUF.

I really enjoy Radical Piano for it's upright. Also, the audio-in feature.
I enjoy most all piano offerings. I have Reason Pianos and Abbey Road Keys as well.
Looking forward to Soundiron's Emotional Piano.

But I still feel Rad Piano stands up to other piano plugins outside of Reason.
It sounds quite nice to me.  This is another great demo of Rad Piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUxoATHeZr4
>

QVprod

11 Mar 2015

QVprod wrote:
You're not alone. I find nothing spectacular about it either (as do many others). The options outside of Reason for natural sounding pianos are leagues better. Thing is, some people don't leave Reason. Think a lot of us
QVprod wrote:not so radically impressed folk
QVprod wrote: stayed out of this one since there were quite few threads about this on the PUF.

joeyluck wrote:
I really enjoy Radical Piano for it's upright. Also, the audio-in feature.
I enjoy most all piano offerings. I have Reason Pianos and Abbey Road Keys as well.
Looking forward to Soundiron's Emotional Piano.

But I still feel Rad Piano stands up to other piano plugins outside of Reason.
It sounds quite nice to me.  This is another great demo of Rad Piano:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUxoATHeZr4
joeyluck wrote: >
I guess this is a classic example how perception differs from person to person. Saw that video back when it was released. None of those patches are impressive to me. Even the uprights (that people seem to love) on Radpi sound synthetic to me. 

Somehow people find this thing to be fantastic, personally have to agree with the Music Radar review: 
Verdict
In the end, this is just a piano – and not a world-class one.
 http://www.musicradar.com/us/reviews/te ... ano-555041

Really interesting to me though that you feel Radpi sounds anywhere near as good as quality piano plugins/libraries.

• Information