tiny BYPASS/On/Off selector, share you cure

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Parameter

16 Feb 2015

Hi guys,

One of the most frequently used controls in Combinator and other devices. But its atomic size and length of a step makes me think twice before using it. Who's got solutions developed?

What worked for me so far:

Edit remote override mapping. Works fine.  But it takes efforts to re-zero this customization and reassign it to next Combinator i'm working on. 

Got solutions?

Thank you

selig
RE Developer

16 Feb 2015

I have programmed a Combi button for this when I felt it would be a common function to want to have access to (my controller will then have access to bypass as well). 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Tincture

16 Feb 2015

Parameter wrote:Hi guys,

One of the most frequently used controls in Combinator and other devices. But its atomic size and length of a step makes me think twice before using it. Who's got solutions developed?

Edit remote override mapping. Works fine.  But it takes efforts to re-zero this customization and reassign it to next Combinator i'm working on. 

Got solutions?

Thank you

I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly but when I want to automate the on/off/bypass of any device in a song (which causes a click - at least it used to) I instead create the "Side Chain Key" Combi from the Factory Soundbank (All Effect Patches > Utility > Side Chain Key.cmb) and replace the MClass EQ with whatever effect (or combi, you'll need to route yourself) you want to have control over the On/Bypass of. I tend to create my device after the included MClass EQ then delete the MClass to make sure I have the routing right.

Then you can automate the "Key" button on the combi to have your device "On" or "Bypassed".

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you're after !

selig
RE Developer

16 Feb 2015

Parameter wrote:Hi guys,

Got solutions?

Thank you

Zac Scott wrote:
I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly but when I want to automate the on/off/bypass of any device in a song (which causes a click - at least it used to) I instead create the "Side Chain Key" Combi from the Factory Soundbank (All Effect Patches > Utility > Side Chain Key.cmb) and replace the MClass EQ with whatever effect (or combi, you'll need to route yourself) you want to have control over the On/Bypass of. I tend to create my device after the included MClass EQ then delete the MClass to make sure I have the routing right.

Then you can automate the "Key" button on the combi to have your device "On" or "Bypassed".

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you're after !
That reminds me - the free crossfader from Groovy Melon is great for this!
Selig Audio, LLC

Parameter

16 Feb 2015

selig wrote:I have programmed a Combi button for this when I felt it would be a common function to want to have access to (my controller will then have access to bypass as well). 
Yes, it's a cure for all devices, but Combinator itself. Thanks! It would probably worth to save this customized combinator patch.

• Information