Motif + Reason 8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ocelot1

16 Feb 2015

Hi,

I just received my Motif xf and would like to use it as my sound source.
If I purchase the FW16e card will I be able to record more channels simultaneously into Reason?

Do I have to use the Motif Interface for that? Or is it transfering the Audio "only" via FW cable and I can use my Interface ?

Thanks!

QVprod

16 Feb 2015

You should Read this thread http://www.motifator.com/index.php/foru ... ad/458953/

I
n fact all Motif related questions a likely to be better answered there than here.

ocelot1

16 Feb 2015

Thank you! I know that thread but it is very Cubans based. I'm not sure if the same is possible with reason because of the limited midi out support of reason.

QVprod

16 Feb 2015

Bad Mister's first 2 or 3 posts on that thread, the ones that describe the capabilities of the FW16e card, are actually general and not cubase related at all. 

Midi out works basically the same way in any DAW that has it. The only thing you can't do in Reason is send sys ex messages afaik.

ocelot1

16 Feb 2015

One thing I still dont understand is if I use the FW16e and my Main L/R output is routed to my Interface. Do I need to use the Motif Interface in Reason and deactivate my external Interface in order to record simultaneously?

QVprod

16 Feb 2015

If you want to use them simultaneously you would need to combine your main interface and the FW16e as an Aggregate device (Mac) or using Asio4all (PC). Otherwise as you stated you can only use one or the other. 

ocelot1

16 Feb 2015

QVprod wrote:If you want to use them simultaneously you would need to combine your main interface and the FW16e as an Aggregate device (Mac) or using Asio4all (PC). Otherwise as you stated you can only use one or the other. 

All right! Thanks a lot

• Information