Well done Propellerhead!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

20 Feb 2015

Gaja wrote:Also actually well done Bitley, for trolling us once again.
I'm curious if the OP bothered looking at their own company's website before casting the first stone?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

trimph1

20 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote: I'm curious if the OP bothered looking at their own company's website before casting the first stone?
His site is just the facts, ma'am.
I seen his site a long time before...he is no whizbang....
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

Gaja

20 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote: I'm curious if the OP bothered looking at their own company's website before casting the first stone?
trimph1 wrote: His site is just the facts, ma'am.
Well I just had a quick glance at his website (which is surely why he started this thread in the first place, somI did fall for it in the end, shame on me) and I tink it's really uncomfortable to read. White on black is sore on my eyes and I couldn't read two sentences in a row, because the letters started to become grey bars. Maybe all the facts are there somewhere, but they are of no use for me, if I have to wipe tears out of my eyes in order to read them.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

trimph1

20 Feb 2015

trimph1 wrote: His site is just the facts, ma'am.
Gaja wrote: Well I just had a quick glance at his website (which is surely why he started this thread in the first place, somI did fall for it in the end, shame on me) and I tink it's really uncomfortable to read. White on black is sore on my eyes and I couldn't read two sentences in a row, because the letters started to become grey bars. Maybe all the facts are there somewhere, but they are of no use for me, if I have to wipe tears out of my eyes in order to read them.
Definitely hard on the eyes. My own take would be that he seriously needs to rethink his approach because his site, if it is anything to go by, just is a visual pain..

EnochLight

20 Feb 2015

Is it fashionable to bash companies here at Reasontalk?  I mean, had I started a thread entitled "Well done bitley™ Sounds & ReFills!" and then proceeded to mention all of the things I felt was wrong with his website and/or product distribution in a sarcastic or pun-laced tone, would I have been reprimanded by the admins and/or hung out to dry by the community?  Real question.  

@Patrick: no offense meant, BTW.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

20 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Is it fashionable to bash companies here at Reasontalk?  I mean, had I started a thread entitled "Well done bitley™ Sounds & ReFills!" and then proceeded to mention all of the things I felt was wrong with his website and/or product distribution in a sarcastic or pun-laced tone, would I have been reprimanded by the admins and/or hung out to dry by the community?  Real question.  

Since this was such an obvious troll thread IMO (and Patrick has confirm that by not posting again after setting the fire in the first post), I thought it best to try to turn the discussion to something useful (in post #4). Seems like most agreed and followed suite, for which I'm thankful! 

But you have an excellent point about turning the tables and how it would be perceived. I would say it's trolling in both cases and in the future I'll be more proactive and simply delete the thread from the start. But if we can keep this thread respectful and at least entertaining (at no one's expense, please) we'll keep it open. Anyone can create a troll thread, but it takes class (and maybe a little restraint) to turn one into something useful! ;)

And for the record; one can't just keep coming here and doing this repeatedly - if we all value the high quality of conversation in this forum, please contribute to it!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

20 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Is it fashionable to bash companies here at Reasontalk?  I mean, had I started a thread entitled "Well done bitley™ Sounds & ReFills!" and then proceeded to mention all of the things I felt was wrong with his website and/or product distribution in a sarcastic or pun-laced tone, would I have been reprimanded by the admins and/or hung out to dry by the community?  Real question.  

selig wrote:
Since this was such an obvious troll thread IMO (and Patrick has confirm that by not posting again after setting the fire in the first post), I thought it best to try to turn the discussion to something useful (in post #4). Seems like most agreed and followed suite, for which I'm thankful! 

But you have an excellent point about turning the tables and how it would be perceived. I would say it's trolling in both cases and in the future I'll be more proactive and simply delete the thread from the start. But if we can keep this thread respectful and at least entertaining (at no one's expense, please) we'll keep it open. Anyone can create a troll thread, but it takes class (and maybe a little restraint) to turn one into something useful! ;)
Cool.  Thanks.
selig wrote:And for the record; one can't just keep coming here and doing this repeatedly - if we all value the high quality of conversation in this forum, please contribute to it!
Wait... Me!?  Or Patrick?

KEVMOVE02

20 Feb 2015

Here's my take on the motivation behind threads like this:
  • Genuine distaste for new website
  • Testing the boundaries of censorship
  • Generating traffic to a third party site to generate revenue from page views
  • Boredom
  • Gone completely mental
  • Gets thrill from starting threads that gets lots of views and replies
  • Thought they were posting to Facebook or Twitter
  • Recognized that most threads that have a reasonable question or premise go unread or generate very few responses

trimph1

20 Feb 2015

Sorry to have contributed to this mess... :frown:

selig
RE Developer

20 Feb 2015

selig wrote:

EnochLight wrote:
Cool.  Thanks.
selig wrote:And for the record; one can't just keep coming here and doing this repeatedly - if we all value the high quality of conversation in this forum, please contribute to it!
EnochLight wrote:
Wait... Me!?  Or Patrick?
No, Patrick.
Selig Audio, LLC

-008'

20 Feb 2015

Hey Giles i PMd you, wanted to let you know, and make sure i sent it right (Unrelated to any of this.) How's that for a derail? :)

On topic: I don't really care what the prop site looks like. With no more PUF I won't be there very much anyway! ;)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

phasys

21 Feb 2015

Gaja wrote:it's much better to browse from iOS devices.
There's the winner. That's Propellerheads core market now.

reason2dance

21 Feb 2015

phasys wrote:There's the winner. That's Propellerheads core market now.
Didn't know that you're a market researcher!  :)

Gaja

21 Feb 2015

phasys wrote:
So what's the big deal?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

phasys

21 Feb 2015

phasys wrote:
Gaja wrote: So what's the big deal?
Not a big deal to me. They can go fuck themselves. But apparently they're targeting the gimmick/app market instead of the semi-professional music market. Which explains why they killed the forum, you don't need a forum for shallow apps without any dept that require no knowledge.

Gaja

21 Feb 2015

phasys wrote:
Gaja wrote: So what's the big deal?
phasys wrote:
Not a big deal to me. They can go fuck themselves. But apparently they're targeting the gimmick/app market instead of the semi-professional music market. Which explains why they killed the forum, you don't need a forum for shallow apps without any dept that require no knowledge.
Wow you're always so polite phasys.
So you're saying having apps negates the need for a forum? You're saying anyone can make a hit with take or figure withtout having in depth knowledge? If so then the admission price (the iPhone) should be cheap enough and a worthwhile investment, don't you think?
Reason doesn't require knowledge. Logic doesn't require knowledge. ProTools doesn't require knowledge. Nothing requires knowledge. But you do. If you can't make a hit song with a piano or a guitar, or a trashcan, then you can't make a hit song with Reason/Logic/cubase/protools you name it. It's that simple.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

trimph1

21 Feb 2015

Wow. Nice piece of work phasys. :s0959:

No response will make this go any better.

He's on a roll... :roll:

EnochLight

21 Feb 2015

Core market would likely be their top selling product that brings in the most revenue, which undoubtedly is still Reason & RE's. Take is free and Figure is a buck. iOS their core market?! Nah, don't think so.

The iOS stuff is merely an extension of their already established desktop market

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Feb 2015

To further propagate the use of Take and Figure, they needed to build a playground for them. They decided to demolish the former site and build it there. That was not necessary. Or they just lacked caretakers for two sites?

Gaja

22 Feb 2015

orthodox wrote:To further propagate the use of Take and Figure, they needed to build a playground for them. They decided to demolish the former site and build it there. That was not necessary. Or they just lacked caretakers for two sites?
I don't think two sites make sense, really. Or rather three, because the shop is already a seperate site.
I liked the old site more than the new as well, but the new one is much easier to navigate on iOS devices and also apparently more modern, but I can't really comment on this. I think they had to change the site at some point, as they have done before, and I don't think it is a Reason for outrage at all. They decided they wanted less traffic on their site (closing of the forums) and I for one am happy to deliver.
So...
What's wrong with all this?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Flandersh

22 Feb 2015

I like in fact Bitley's site better than Propellerhead's site. It is much more clean and to the point on its information.

EnochLight

22 Feb 2015

Flandersh wrote:
I like in fact Bitley's site better than Propellerhead's site. It is much more clean and to the point on its information.

I'm sure Patrick appreciates that.

forensickbeats

22 Feb 2015

Not to mention the name of the site. Why in plural? I mean, they own both the singular and plural domain names, it`s like having wikipedias.org , metalicas.com, what kind of sense does that make?

The existence of a breakbeat band having the name propellerheads further confuses the situation.

EnochLight

22 Feb 2015

forensickbeats wrote:Not to mention the name of the site. Why in plural? 
This was explained many years ago in an interview.  Ernst was responsible for registering the domain back in the 90's.  It was a typo.   ;)

forensickbeats

22 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote: This was explained many years ago in an interview.  Ernst was responsible for registering the domain back in the 90's.  It was a typo.   ;)
Even if that was the case, the fact that they own the singular domain name and it still redirects towards the plural one, instead of the other way around seems odd to me..

• Information