Is there a way to have a free running LFO that is constantly running using factory devices?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
X1Lo

13 Feb 2015

I am working on creating phaser like effects with a mclass equalizer chain and need to use a LFO that is constantly running to control the parameter 1 frequencies.  I'm not using rack extensions on this one, although I know that will solve my issue.  Any suggestions for thor or an LFO I am missing in the factory devices?
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Feb 2015

Malstrom is the best as LFO source, I think.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

I would use Thor LFO 2 as it runs all the time and you have the Matrix

Thor LFO 1 and (I seem to recall) Maelstrom's LFOs are triggered.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Feb 2015

Malstrom's LFOs are free running, but they can be reset by a note gate.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

orthodox wrote:Malstrom's LFOs are free running, but they can be reset by a note gate.
Thanks. It is clearly ages since I used M as much of anything. Odd as I feel I should like it but I just don't. If it took user samples I think I'd be happy. That said making the wavetables would be crazy hard/boring. Which suddenly makes me wonder if there could be any crossover between Rex and wavetables???

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Feb 2015

Benedict wrote:If it took user samples I think I'd be happy. That said making the wavetables would be crazy hard/boring. Which suddenly makes me wonder if there could be any crossover between Rex and wavetables???

I sometimes prepare samples for samplers in Mathematica where I can exactly specify the waveform function. I could make wavetables or convolution reverb patterns but until they are loadable it's useless.

The Tone Ranger

14 Feb 2015

I thought most of the LFOs were free running? Connect the LFO out of anything to the CV input of a combinator, assign it to a knob and watch it move.

• Information