Touchpad Annoyances

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Higor

12 Feb 2015

Reason is all about fine adjustments so... When i double click the touchpad and start moving a knob up - like an e.q for example - suddenly the cursor goes up as an automation and it's very annoying. I've tried to uninstall the driver and use only windows touchpad but happens the same thing. I've tried to update the driver but it didn't work. Any possible solution for this?

NoteBook: Sumsung  550P5C-AE1
Touchpad Driver: Synaptics 16.2.14.2

Thanks

kloeckno

12 Feb 2015

Buy a mouse? Sorry I can't help other than that, it's not something I've ever encountered.

Higor

12 Feb 2015

I think i'm getting used to it. I just bought this notebook about two weeks ago.
I wish the touchpad was more precise. But i found a solution, not perfect but...
With my thumb I press the enter key on the touchpad and with the indicator I do the fine adjustments - it is as if the cursor stayed locked. Another way is to set the keypad as a mouse... Maybe later i'll buy a real one

Thanks anyway...

challism

14 Feb 2015

I have touchpad annoyances, too.  Also running Windows 8 (which I hate), with that annoying sidebar/charm crap.  And I can't seem to turn off the charmbar because it's built into my Acer laptop drivers.  Tried to uninstall those and the touchpad wasn't functioning very well.  So I had to reinstall.  I'm about to give up and load Window 7 back on this beast.  They say Windows 8 is better... faster, but mine doesn't come out of hybernation 1/2 the time.... I get that lame blue screen freeze.  Anyway, I have no solutions for you here, but I feel your pain.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

Higor wrote: I think i'm getting used to it. I just bought this notebook about two weeks ago.
I wish the touchpad was more precise. But i found a solution, not perfect but...
With my thumb I press the enter key on the touchpad and with the indicator I do the fine adjustments - it is as if the cursor stayed locked. Another way is to set the keypad as a mouse... Maybe later i'll buy a real one

Thanks anyway...
Is the touchpad ONLY less precise when using Reason, or when using all apps? Reason has a preference for "mouse knob range" control, which defaults to "normal" but can be set to "precise" or even "very precise". If you've not already adjusted this it's worth a try!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Higor

14 Feb 2015

I know about this you can press shift and the adjustment will be precise - number by number. My case is that the touchpad has an automation so after a while - 3,4 seconds - moving the knob slowly the cursor goes on its own - usually up, sometimes to the left/right. This happens not only in Reason but everywhere. The solution i've found is to press the enter  key of the touchpad, with my thumb, to lock the cursor, and with the indicator finger do things without stress.

challism wrote:And I can't seem to turn off the charmbar because it's built into my Acer laptop drivers.

Go on the touchpad properties and see if there is the options edge swipe left/right/top - or similar - and deactivate them.

wikholm

16 Feb 2015

Higor wrote:the touchpad has an automation so after a while - 3,4 seconds - moving the knob slowly the cursor goes on its own
A few years ago I had a laptop at work, with a Synaptics touchpad. It had a feature called EdgeMotion, which they describe as follows:

"When the user’s finger reaches the edge of the TouchPad, holding the finger on the edge will cause the cursor to continue moving in that direction until the finger is lifted."

My tip would be to look in the touchpad settings and see if there is something similar in your drivers. On my touchpad it was on by default.

Higor

17 Feb 2015

This is certainly the problem - at least now i know the name of it. But i couldn't find a way to disable it.

This thing is activated only at the last 1cm at the top - so i try to avoid that region.

• Information