Updating to 8.1 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MDTerps2015

07 Feb 2015

To anybody that can help me. I have an imac and i gave in to updating to 8.1. I for the love of Drew Barrymore cant figure out how to install the update. I dont remember having these any problems going from 6.5 to 8.0. Please help but you cant have Drew Barrymore. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Ecopro

09 Feb 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:To anybody that can help me. I have an imac and i gave in to updating to 8.1. I for the love of Drew Barrymore cant figure out how to install the update. I dont remember having these any problems going from 6.5 to 8.0. Please help but you cant have Drew Barrymore. 
Here you go: Reason 8.1 Install Manual

Installing the Software
Upgrading from an earlier Reason version
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Reason, there are some important things to remember
before installing the upgrade:
! Before uninstalling your current Reason version and installing the new version, make
sure you don’t leave anything you want to keep in the Reason program folder; the Reason
program folder and its contents will be permanently deleted during installation of
the upgrade!
For example, move any additional ReFills etc. from the Reason program folder to another (temporary)
location before upgrading, otherwise the files might be permanently deleted.
Running the Installer

...Get the rest of the details, starting on page 14. 

Hope this helps!
Guts Electronic Mayhem

• Information