auto-swell for guitar?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gak

11 Feb 2015

Pretty new to reason but haven't seen anything that will allow me to hit a chord and have it "swell" in.

Do I need an re or is there a trick somewhere with stock stuff (all that routing has to be good for something :)

gak

11 Feb 2015

I think I put this in the wrong place, can you move it to general? 

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

Maybe try...

Factory Sound Bank->All instrument patches->Guitar and plucked->Electric guitar->Strat Swells Combinator

Factory Sound Bank ->All effects->Reverb-> All Swell Verb combinator
Guts Electronic Mayhem

gak

11 Feb 2015

Thanks, that totally puts me in the right direction :)

Tincture

11 Feb 2015

Hi, if you're looking for a (slow) tremolo kind of swell on guitar that you're playing (recording) then I'm sure there's quite a few ways of going about that. Perhaps look in Reason's Factory Sound Bank under Effects then Modulation or search tremolo maybe (I can't open Reason right now).

Also, the RE Amplifikation Vermilion has a decent Tremolo as well as being a great amp... pretty sure there's a patch called "Swell" or something similar if memory serves me well.

Otherwise you could automate (edit: or use an LFO to move via CV) the level of a Mix Channel fader or some kind of gain insert like a compressor make-up gain etc.

• Information