simultaneously play back saffire /comp

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chango

11 Feb 2015

Trying to figure out how to monitor through the saffire pro 14 earphone jack and my computer at the same time. Also i cant seem to get my optical to output any sound at all. I have windows 7 pro and reason 7. Thanks
Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

This will give you the basics plus how to do the Headphone mixes. This is assuming you've already connected your interface and downloaded the Mix control software. 

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Chango

11 Feb 2015

Ecopro wrote:This will give you the basics plus how to do the Headphone mixes. This is assuming you've already connected your interface and downloaded the Mix control software. 

Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

Chango

11 Feb 2015

This doesn't answer my question. I have had sattire for awhile i know how to use the mix control but current situation i need to simultaneously play back sound frim my DAW through the saffire pro 14 device through its Head phones and my computer headphones. If that is even possible. I've seen that tutorial before and many ithers to see if i was missing something but i can't find anything that explains what I need.

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

That tutorial shows you exactly how to set up a mix of your DAW and other inputs, such as your mic and others with your Headphones. Maybe you need to explain your issue with more details.

Have you tried reading the user manual?: http://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net/si ... 4eng02.pdf

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Chango

11 Feb 2015

The detail is tgat i need dound to come out tgrough my computer desktop earphone jack AND my saffire pro 14 earphone jack at the same time. I can't figure out if its a combo of routing through the mix control and setting a rout on my computer selecting saffire or dx and what ever i pick doesn't seem to accomplish whay i need. Do you understand what im saying? :-)

Chango

11 Feb 2015

Excuse me for my terrible texting...i have fat thumbs trying to type on a small keyboard on my phone.

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Feb 2015

Chango wrote:Trying to figure out how to monitor through the saffire pro 14 earphone jack and my computer at the same time. Also i cant seem to get my optical to output any sound at all. I have windows 7 pro and reason 7. Thanks
Try asio4all. It combines all the sound devices and outputs you have.
Then just split the master output to several Reason Hardware Device jacks corresponding to outputs you need.

Chango

11 Feb 2015

Ohh man...I totally forgot about that...I had it once years ago. Thank Orthodox!

• Information