As I See The Best Collaboration

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kloeckno

09 Feb 2015

I totally agree. I've met some very cool people playing in bands and jamming. And my girlfriend is one of the vocalists in my new band, I would still be single right now if I was just sitting on messageboards all day! I would've never met her if I didn't decide a few years ago to really get out into the real world with my musical abilities.

submonsterz

09 Feb 2015

picture this reaper was on to the right idea long ago with this.
just picture reason non version dependant sharing from say introduction of audio (of course for it to work).
picture this --- server --- live jamming reason --- server streams it like this as ninjam does.
it reads the version of reason on each participant of live jam session.
it reads what is being used on each computer re etc
it reads each computer to see what is not on each machine
and sends at end a reason file including proper audio stems that it was making on the fly in the back ground at end of session
from each computer and gives the people without that plug in or version etc the stems included into the reason file.

How about them apples then :) .

things like this as well see . https://archive.org/details/ninjam this is an interesting twist
none of all this sharing new so many programs out there doing but all got good little things going on.

motuscott

10 Feb 2015

I met all my ex friends in real life.
That's why they're ex friends.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Gaja

10 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Well cool, but still it won't cut the real thing lol, just won't, no matter what you do! :D
Well Drop to Props is actually pretty cool, when working with artists (yes real life, you can touch them and all :) ). They have an idea for teir next song, drop it to you, you load up the idea and compose a bed for it. So easy, so great. And ten thenartist comes in, hears your track, which has originated from their idea, and push it further. That's pretty nice and easy.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Yonatan

10 Feb 2015

"Drop to prop" is a nice thing for being a beta, but it still needs a lot more development. As long as they will also improve and come with fair deals with Reason, I do not mind the apps and the sharing community development. They must integrate these things in some way, as there´s a lot of talk and need for simplicity and better workflow from idea to final song. And with internet connections, why not broaden the spectrum. 

I think that Prop have to do these things in some form, because the whole atmosphere with tabletts etc, has the idea to be where ppl are, doing things also on the fly.
Do not lose touch of those ppl sitting hours with their computers tweaking sounds and mixes, but still, all have not the patience or ambition to go that long road, they might want to use their talents in other ways. Everyone cannot be a studio rat, just as its always been in history. Some do it all and does it well,  but that is not the norm. Artists are not always the producers, the actors are seldom the directors or script-makers. It´s easier to do it all these days because the new technology, but we still need to meet each other and find ways to complement for things we do not like that much and do not find motivation spending time on. Some love tweaking sounds and doing routing while others just want to build arrangements and composing melodies.  

Then, exactly how the collaboration would best be like and look like, that is still a lot of experimentation going on with that, and I´m sure we will see lots of different sharing and collaboration options on the way, some better and some worse. And offcourse, royalty and rights, that is another chapter of the story...

• Information