I Love Reason & I Love The Motown Sound

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KEVMOVE02

09 Feb 2015

In keeping with the theme set by another thread, I wanted to shine the spotlight on the Reason Soul School I & II, and the incredible contributions to music made by Motown. Legendary studio musicians. Legendary songwriters and arrangers. Legendary soloists and groups. Possibly the greatest bass player of all time. Definitely one of the greatest visionaries of the modern music era. If anyone were able to assemble the talent that passed through Studio A, 2648 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, Michigan, it would surely cost them more than a $1 Billion (US). 

Propellerhead has suceeded in effectively capturing the "Motown Sound" in a refill: all the instruments (including the classic tambourine), the runs and fills that are instantly recognizable, and most remarkably, original songs based on this style of music. Welcome to the Woodshed!  Added Bonus: the Memphis Sound and the Ohio Sound included! I know many users are drawn to Reason because of EDM, but this awesome program is just as inspiring for most any genre you can think of, especially if you are a student of the Motown Sound. As a bass player, it is my desire to one day master the bass line from "How Long Has the Evening Train Been Gone" by Diana Ross and the Supremes. it would be my highest honor to play in a Motown Sound tribute band.  

jfrichards

09 Feb 2015

Many a day, I have pulled out the Jazz Bass to try to learn one or another of Mr. Jamerson's more spectacular bass lines (Ain't No Mountain for instance).  So often, I reach an impasse, and resign myself to muttering, "That's freakin' impossible!".  Of course I learn enough from trying to learn it to inspire numerous bass lines for my own songs, but man, as you say, he's possibly the best bass player of all time.  He's certainly in the club along with Michael Henderson, Miroslav Vitous, and Michael Manring.

Orion

10 Feb 2015

I love the Motown sound and the Motown story.

• Information