Why online communities always seem doomed to fail

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EddieG

07 Feb 2015

Im of the opinion that anything, when backed by nothing, is doomed to fail
stratcatfl in the house !

guitfnky

07 Feb 2015

KEVMOVE02 wrote:This too funny! I read the article before reading all the comments in this thread--it's like the contributors to this thread are trying to make the author's point.
YES.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

michael.jaye

07 Feb 2015

kitekrazy wrote:
 Real power users of any DAW are rarely in a forum. They are too busy using the app.
Selig would beg to differ ;)

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2015

kitekrazy wrote:
 Real power users of any DAW are rarely in a forum. They are too busy using the app.
michael.jaye wrote:
indeed - why can't it be both?
:)

I would put it differently - folks who work 24/7 are rarely in a forum. When I'm in the middle of a month long 24/7 project I certainly don't post as much as I do when I'm working from home and need to take periodic "ear breaks". My presence in the forum has more to do with whether I'm working alone or in a group than anything else!

In other words, my availability in the forums has nothing to do with whether I'm a power user or not, and more to do with what type of project I'm currently engaged in. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

KEVMOVE02

08 Feb 2015

kitekrazy wrote:
michael.jaye wrote:
selig wrote:
indeed - why can't it be both?
:)

I would put it differently - folks who work 24/7 are rarely in a forum. When I'm in the middle of a month long 24/7 project I certainly don't post as much as I do when I'm working from home and need to take periodic "ear breaks". My presence in the forum has more to do with whether I'm working alone or in a group than anything else!

In other words, my availability in the forums has nothing to do with whether I'm a power user or not, and more to do with what type of project I'm currently engaged in. :)
Exactly! I use forums as a bit of sorbet between courses of a meal. I respond to a few points, which gives me the equivalent of a reset button. Instead of waiting a couple of hours, I can see or hear things anew. It's a shame that some take things so seriously that it's hard to hold a dialogue: it becomes more important to win the argument, as opposed to understanding another point of view.

• Information