Do NOT get distracted from Reason for months

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BarbaraC

05 Feb 2015

So, I opened a store at Zazzle last spring, then another, and yet another while also maintaining my regular business. Since spring, I haven't used Reason, but last night I had a dream about it, which I took as a warning sign.

I opened it this morning to make the greatest music since whatever, and though notes played in my head, I couldn't remember the shortcuts, couldn't remember how to hook up things, couldn't even remember how to get notes right up against the line. Gee, what's that called? Didn't know. (Yeah, yeah, it's quantize, but I couldn't remember at the time.) By the end of today, I won't have the greatest song. I won't have any song at all.

If you get buried in life's details, take a moment maybe once a week to open Reason, fool around a bit, and then shut down to deal with whatever you're dealing with.

In the above, I refrained from making unreasonable puns. Aren't you grateful?

jonheal

05 Feb 2015

My memory is in shreds. I'm glad I poop every day, or I'd forget how to wipe!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

Hey, I can't even remember my age - it keeps changing every year!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

BarbaraC

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Hey, I can't even remember my age - it keeps changing every year!
;)
What's nice about aging is that we get to believe our own lies. :s0403:
jonheal wrote:My memory is in shreds. I'm glad I poop every day, or I'd forget how to wipe!
And what's nice about this forum is that it's delightfully down-home rude. :s0826:

jonheal

05 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Had a 6 months break, sold my midi keyboard & after that just recently I've opened Reason & made 4 big sketches & one complete track, no probs!

I wish you the same! :)

Like Phasys said back in the day, if you have made 150-200 tracks in Reason or any other DAW for that matter, you won't lose what you have learnt!

It's like riding on a bicycle!
Let's see if you have that same opinion when you're about 50. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

BarbaraC

05 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Had a 6 months break, sold my midi keyboard & after that just recently I've opened Reason & made 4 big sketches & one complete track, no probs!

I wish you the same! :)

Like Phasys said back in the day, if you have made 150-200 tracks in Reason or any other DAW for that matter, you won't lose what you have learnt!

It's like riding on a bicycle!
I would like to think you're right, but I just now got so tangled up in wires at the back of the rack that I nearly choked to death. :frown:

BarbaraC

05 Feb 2015

I'm getting there, now that I've remembered basic commands and have extricated myself from the back of the rack. Greatest song on earth coming right up! More like a little ditty, but hey, a ditty counts. :thumbup:

motuscott

06 Feb 2015

The old meat hard drive is apparently full. Every new piece of knowledge seems to push out something I used to know.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

PSoames

06 Feb 2015

What's the old saying? "If you don't use it, you lose it!"

...Although I'm not sure how that works with one's virginity.

BarbaraC

06 Feb 2015

After struggling yesterday, finally not tripping over myself so much, I began wondering about version 8. When it first came out, I couldn't see much that related to the type of music I do, the only attraction being an apparent revision of the browser, though my wait time for it was never as excruciating as it was for other people.

Given that most of my work starts out by recording from my keyboard and then using refills to test instruments until I find one I like, and given that I'm not much into rack extensions, using one or another of the standard synths now and then, is there anything in the new version that might attract a simple sort such as myself? I have problems gleaning information from Reason promos because they're so often focused on music and methods that aren't like my own.

• Information