Recycle Help!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eox

05 Feb 2015

Okay so recently I've decided to give recycle ago since I've spent maybe a total of 5 minutes over the years. I've tried to watch some youtube videos but haven't seemed to find any that were very in depth. I understand what it does and what it's used for but my biggest problem is getting the tempo right.

For instance I launched Recycle to chop up a loop I bought from Samplephonics and the loop says it's 100bpm but when I get it into recycle I feel like I have to get some strange numbers under "bars" and "beats" to get the original tempo. Secondly when I play it back it always has weird lag from when the cursor hits a slice. I realize I most likely sound like a complete novice here because I am! Just curious if anyone here has or knows where I can find some help for this program?

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

Raw audio "loops" often contain the downbeat of the next bar so you know where to cut - it's up to you to cut that last beat out of the loop to get it to be exactly a bar (or more) long. Could that be what's happening here?

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

eox

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Raw audio "loops" often contain the downbeat of the next bar so you know where to cut - it's up to you to cut that last beat out of the loop to get it to be exactly a bar (or more) long. Could that be what's happening here?

Definitely could be the case..I have noticed the WAV file contains a long tail at the end so I wonder if that's throwing it out of whack. It probably should be mentioned that this particular file is a choir so the transients aren't as obvious. I just don't understand why it sounds choppy when the playback cursor goes over every slice in loop mode

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Raw audio "loops" often contain the downbeat of the next bar so you know where to cut - it's up to you to cut that last beat out of the loop to get it to be exactly a bar (or more) long. Could that be what's happening here?

eox wrote: Definitely could be the case..I have noticed the WAV file contains a long tail at the end so I wonder if that's throwing it out of whack. It probably should be mentioned that this particular file is a choir so the transients aren't as obvious. I just don't understand why it sounds choppy when the playback cursor goes over every slice in loop mode
Check out this thread for more info on that last issue:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/dr-rexre ... 1286073377
Selig Audio, LLC

BPGeez

05 Feb 2015

In digression, you have some really dope tunes @eox! Do you do all your production work in Reason?
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

eox

05 Feb 2015

BPGeez wrote:In digression, you have some really dope tunes @eox! Do you do all your production work in Reason?
Man that's very encouraging! Thank you! Add me on soundcloud so I can check out your stuff! For the most part.

I run Reaper as my main DAW with Reason rewired in. I pretty much do everything inside reason aside from NI's komplete 9 and a few other plugins. I just love reason and what it encourages-creativity.

eox

05 Feb 2015

eox wrote: Definitely could be the case..I have noticed the WAV file contains a long tail at the end so I wonder if that's throwing it out of whack. It probably should be mentioned that this particular file is a choir so the transients aren't as obvious. I just don't understand why it sounds choppy when the playback cursor goes over every slice in loop mode
selig wrote:
Check out this thread for more info on that last issue:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/dr-rexre ... 1286073377

Thank you Selig!! Always help us novice users out! Much appreciated good sir!

• Information