Pitch

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Puniho

03 Feb 2015

What scale does the pitch parameter on Reason synths use?  I have a patch where I want aftertouch to create a trill like effect of one semitone. The pitch parameter goes to 100 plus or minus, but it is clearly not in cents! Just going by ear it seems to be in the region of around 18 but I would like an exact figure. I cant find anything in the help manual. In fact I cant even find a manual for Parsec!

-008'

03 Feb 2015

How about like this?  (thru a combi, w/combi's aftertouch assignment set to "semi" on Parsec)

Now you can just go to combi programmer and enter actual semitones (1, 2, 3 etc)

Hope that helps! :)
Attachments
parsec_semitone_combi.zip
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

selig
RE Developer

03 Feb 2015

I found a value of "11" to equal a semitone pretty darn closely in Parsec's Mod Matrix. I found this value by setting using sound engine B tuned a semitone up, then played a note and added aftertouch and "tuned" it (increased the mod depth) until the two engines were in tune. Hope this helps!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

03 Feb 2015

Parsec Manual : https://www.propellerheads.se/static/pd ... manual.pdf . The info isn't in there though.
Selig's method is spot on :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Puniho

04 Feb 2015

Thanks for the replies! Thats an ingenious way of tuning it that hadnt occurred to me! So I was closer to a whole tone which is probly what I wanted anyway. Using that same method two semitones seems to be somewhere between 15 and 16. 15 plus 16 cents. It seems a strange scale!

Puniho

04 Feb 2015

Here's a patch I made while playing around with this concept.
Attachments
Eunuch_Hello.zip
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

• Information