(once in a blue moon) A random RE stops processing audio

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kategra

03 Feb 2015

Several of months ago I had a problem with REQ131 not passing any audio over it.
It was a heavy project with lots of native devices and REs and just one of the multiple REQ131 instances stopped passing audio.
I had to restart Reason for it to work again, but after a few minutes, the same REQ131 instance stopped passing audio.  I rebooted PC, bounced some tracks to ease up on the DSP usage, and the problem did not has not reoccurred.

This Sunday, it happened again, but in a low DSP project and this time, one of the multiple Softube AMPs refused to pass any sound (even bypassed). After I reloaded Reason, it was OK, I did not had any problems even though I worked for hours on the same project.

I don't know what the culprit could be, didn't bothered me that much as it only happened twice in several months, but I want to know if others have experienced this so far?

If yes, then maybe we can help find the root cause, or the common denominator of the problem and inform Propellerhead about it.

PS. My system has an i5 3570k with 16GB RAM running Win8.1 and RME Fireface 400 audio interface with latest drivers.

Janvier

04 Feb 2015

Yes, few times !  This happen with random RE as well. 

But I can't explain what exactly happen. Usually what I do, I delete the device and make CTRL+Z. In some case it fix the issue, otherwise
I just close the project and reopen it and everything is working again.

This can happen, but it is sporadic. So I really don't care. Its not like VST which make your whole project crash ;)  !

Janvier

04 Feb 2015

Kategra wrote:
If yes, then maybe we can help find the root cause, or the common denominator of the problem and inform Propellerhead about it.
Probably simple minor bugs in the code on REs side. 

sinnerfire

06 Feb 2015

Yes, this has happened to me a few times in the past year?

I dont know how to recreate it or i would of reported it to the Devs already.

The only workaround that iv figured out is to copy the preset, delete the device, create the device again and reapply the patch.

Hope that helps :)
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

• Information