R8.1 automation trouble

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Leighbeater

03 Feb 2015

Hi anybody else having having automation trouble in R8.1?

it records ok but on playback it seems to work then stop working all of sudden on the next play

am i doing something wrong or is this a bug??

I sent an email to props but haven't heard back from them yet

Gaja

03 Feb 2015

Maybe it's an automation override issue?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Leighbeater

03 Feb 2015

how do i fix that if it is that? thanks

Gaja

03 Feb 2015

Well in all Reason versions before, there was a tiny button like thing, that said automation override. When you have say a volume automation and you move the same fader while playback without recording the automation, the button would light up, telling you that you have entered automation override mode. What fixed it was either clicking it, or stop the playback inbetween. But I must say, I haven't seen the button in R8, because at some point that behaviour was so integrated in my workflow, that I can't tell you out of my head where you can find that button in R8...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Leighbeater

03 Feb 2015

ok cheers, i will check that out, appreciate it

ScuzzyEye

03 Feb 2015

I was wondering if it could be the automation override too, but that usually clears itself up after a stop and play. (Usually much to my chagrin, as I'm wanting to override recorded automation, but it keeps coming back.)

In 8.x the automation override indicator is in the area with the DSP meter, and the in and out level meters. It's one of the three lightly colored labels to the left, the bottom one in fact.

But if you're not noticing it, that's likely because it isn't lit up, and parameter automation should be working.

Leighbeater

03 Feb 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:I was wondering if it could be the automation override too, but that usually clears itself up after a stop and play. (Usually much to my chagrin, as I'm wanting to override recorded automation, but it keeps coming back.)

In 8.x the automation override indicator is in the area with the DSP meter, and the in and out level meters. It's one of the three lightly colored labels to the left, the bottom one in fact.

But if you're not noticing it, that's likely because it isn't lit up, and parameter automation should be working.
Thanks for letting me know where the indicator is, I'm pretty sure it was the automation override. I assigned the Freq cutoff to the mod wheel and I know I messing around with that mod wheel even on playback, I will check out the project again tonight after work

• Information