Automating velocity settings for drums

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Shugga

31 Jan 2015

Howdy all, 

When I set up drum kits in Reason, I have certain velocities that I set the Bass drum, snare, hi hats, etc.....      at when I start to work on production.  Is there any way I can have the drums automatically be created with the velocities I want to use?  I realize that this probably wouldn't be possible when done with controller pads, so just when I am manually writing them would  be the goal.

Thanks in advance,
What is that smell?

Shugga

31 Jan 2015

Hi GeorgeFeb,

Thanks for the reply, I have a Keyrig 49 and it doesn't seem to have all the goodies my Oxygen 8 did, too bad there aren't any drivers for the Oxygen 8 for Windows 8... but that is another rant, lol.  I do most of my editing by mouse, when I click to create a note it automatically assigns it to 100.  I was hoping that I could automate it by type of drum to have it preset to a certain velocity.

Right now i am just selecting all the snares and then using the tool window to do it all, which is fine, but short cuts are always better !
What is that smell?

Shugga

31 Jan 2015

I am going to download the manual now, thanks !

What is that smell?

Shugga

31 Jan 2015

Right on, thank you !
What is that smell?

• Information