2nd Prediction on Propellerhead Software

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

05 Feb 2015

kitekrazy wrote:Usually the biggest mistake is to buy hardware with the label of a software developer.
Oh I don't know - they may have cancelled their hardware division, but I still use Balance.  Fantastic 2-channel interface with great Reason integration.  It certainly wasn't a mistake for me, anyway!  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reason101

06 Feb 2015

Reason101 wrote:Why say in 7 minutes what can be said in a single image? From my book (http://www.reason101.net/shop):
EnochLight wrote:
"The
EnochLight wrote:only
EnochLight wrote: gripe"?  Are you sure you don't want to add to that?   ;)
EnochLight wrote: 
I could, but then I'd be taking your bait, Dylan. And I'll pass on that.
RobReason Book: Reason101 Visual Guide to the Reason RackReason Site: http://www.Reason101.netSoundCloudhttp://www.soundcloud.com/phi-sequence Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robanselmi

EnochLight

06 Feb 2015

Reason101 wrote:I could, but then I'd be taking your bait, Brent. And I'll pass on that.
Err.. it was a joke - sorry.  Wasn't baiting you, man.   :frown:  And - who's Brent?  I'm Dylan.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reason101

06 Feb 2015

Reason101 wrote:I could, but then I'd be taking your bait, Brent. And I'll pass on that.
EnochLight wrote:
Err.. it was a joke - sorry.  Wasn't baiting you, man.   :frown:  And - who's Brent?  I'm Dylan.  
No need for an apology. I wasn't sore about it. Now my turn to apologize. Sorry I called you Brent, Dylan. :s0801:
RobReason Book: Reason101 Visual Guide to the Reason RackReason Site: http://www.Reason101.netSoundCloudhttp://www.soundcloud.com/phi-sequence Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robanselmi

Gaja

06 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Reason101 wrote:
No need for an apology. I wasn't sore about it. Now my turn to apologize. Sorry I called you Brent, Dylan. :s0801:
I always thought Lunesis was Brent...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

bepemixer

16 Jul 2015

To all the producers who are convinced of the mobile world, you make me a perfect reproduction of a classical symphony 64 instruments level variables single note? when I see this I can say that the mobile is suitable.
Props advisor to focus on the Score Editor minimal because the music and not only made by Groove Step and harmony but also by following the rules even in shape. :puf_smile:
An enthusiastic user of the only music software ANY.

With Props thinking to Reason, but it's time to evolve not going to look for the musician, but to work for the language he knows, the musical score. :mrgreen:
bepemixer
http://www.reasoninitaliano.eu
Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

jappe

16 Jul 2015

In think Props will merge with some company out there.
Lets try to guess what company.

We know that they are really pushing Discover.
We (oh well...I...) also know that it's almost useless for collaboration in its current state due to lack of absolutely core functionality like rating/comment/search functionality.
==>They are merging with some company with some product that will provide the missing core functionality. A company that really don't need PUF btw.

KEVMOVE02

16 Jul 2015

So how did the first prediction play out? Is the second one being fulfilled right before our eyes? Why are we so fascinated with predictions (and fortune telling and soothsaying, prophets and prognosticators)? Most importantly, why do the screws keep falling out of my system rack?

gak

16 Jul 2015

I predict that there will be more predictions that may or may not come true.

Jagwah

17 Jul 2015

When it really comes down to it those Swedes are pretty smart.

EnochLight

18 Jul 2015

bepemixer wrote:To all the producers who are convinced of the mobile world, you make me a perfect reproduction of a classical symphony 64 instruments level variables single note? when I see this I can say that the mobile is suitable.
Thread resurrection - yay!

Anyway, mobile is completely suitable for a lot of things - audio production included. That said, how much you can get done may vary depending on what you need to get done. From the looks of things, reproducing a classical symphony 64 instruments level variables single note might be challenging in the mobile sector.. but recording multiple channels of audio, adding effects, doing light to deep audio editing, recording vocals, etc.. complete synth-in-a-box studios... all of this has been available in the mobile sector for years.

All this said, I do find the experience much better on iOS devices (read: iPhone and iPad). With Android or Windows Phone, YMMV. There's still plenty out there for those platforms, though.

eusti

18 Jul 2015

Well, I stated it before, but here we go: I think being able to make music while being mobile is fabulous...
It would be great if projects were movable (at least in parts) between the platforms in sensible ways...
So, for instance, I want to be able to get the midi information of what I did on the run (or on the train) into Reason easily...
But I find different tools lend themselves to different approaches and therefore different tunes...

D.

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2015

Hmm, haven't Propellerhead DEVELOPED more new devices per year since Rack Extensions than EVER before? So to suggest they are no longer focused on developing the reason platform is ludicrous at best.

madmacman

18 Jul 2015

eusti wrote: So, for instance, I want to be able to get the midi information of what I did on the run (or on the train) into Reason easily...
Unfortunately, competition is way ahead in this respect. Take Cubasis or Garageband for iPad: moving ideas (or field recordings) to their desktop counterpart (Cubase or Garageband/Logic) is a no-brainer.

eusti

18 Jul 2015

madmacman wrote:
eusti wrote: So, for instance, I want to be able to get the midi information of what I did on the run (or on the train) into Reason easily...
Unfortunately, competition is way ahead in this respect. Take Cubasis or Garageband for iPad: moving ideas (or field recordings) to their desktop counterpart (Cubase or Garageband/Logic) is a no-brainer.
I haven't tried Cubasis, but if Garageband for the iPhone is similar to the iPad version, I have to say the integration is ok, not great...
I find it somewhat cumbersome to sync the phone and find the file, etc... I think this could be streamlined...
As well, there is only a weird workaround for exporting midi from the desktop version of Garageband... I mean it's workable and definitely ahead of the prop's offering, but I feel it could be better! ;)

D.

madmacman

18 Jul 2015

eusti wrote: As well, there is only a weird workaround for exporting midi from the desktop version of Garageband... I mean it's workable and definitely ahead of the prop's offering, but I feel it could be better! ;)
True. As soon as you try to "leave" the walled garden of each manufacturer, you are somewhat lost. And even exporting Midi from desktop Garageband recently lost an option with the move to 64bit (and the MidiO plugin not working any more). So, yes: I agree with you. There's much room for improvement in every respect. ;)

EnochLight

18 Jul 2015

avasopht wrote:Hmm, haven't Propellerhead DEVELOPED more new devices per year since Rack Extensions than EVER before? So to suggest they are no longer focused on developing the reason platform is ludicrous at best.
The entire purpose of this thread was based on, well - baseless conspiracy theories. The OP is "predicting" that Propellerhead will be bought by another company, and that they only focus on mobile apps now.

There's no evidence to support either of his predictions, as far as I can see.

Interesting that the OP began this thread by saying "PH is only focused on the current lucrative mobile toys fad and the trendy subcultures instead of also refining the tools for serious seasoned producers," yet there's been like.. what - two (2) point updates to Reason since this thread began, complete with new features? He seems to have taken a liking to Discover lately, though. ;)

joeyluck

18 Jul 2015

Gaja wrote:
Reason101 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
No need for an apology. I wasn't sore about it. Now my turn to apologize. Sorry I called you Brent, Dylan. Image
I always thought Lunesis was Brent...
Haha these avatars and usernames can get confusing.

I try to make it easy for folks...
My avatar is my face and my username is my name :)

I might go all out one day and put a space between my first name and last name!

Jagwah

18 Jul 2015

Just looked at the Figure and Take videos by Props on Youtube and there's a lot of negative comments about no Android support, seems a lot of people want it so what would be the benefit of exclusivity besides... a possible merger or something else to do with Apple? The RE store percentage takes were apparently very similar to the Apple app store, and I have heard the name Apple mentioned quite a bit when discussing Props business decisions. Just mindless speculation mind you ;)

Gaja

19 Jul 2015

Jagwah wrote:Just looked at the Figure and Take videos by Props on Youtube and there's a lot of negative comments about no Android support, seems a lot of people want it so what would be the benefit of exclusivity besides... a possible merger or something else to do with Apple? The RE store percentage takes were apparently very similar to the Apple app store, and I have heard the name Apple mentioned quite a bit when discussing Props business decisions. Just mindless speculation mind you ;)
I don't think Props are interested in iOS exclusivity. I remember props helping Windows mobile developers with the development of low latency audio drivers (or something like that, I can't remember exactly). Afaik Android didn't meet their requirement for performability back then. So I really don't think Props are deliberately not releasing on android to be iOS exclusive, but because it would cause them more work with support than they could afford (hundreds of different models with different hardware and OS versions).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Jagwah

19 Jul 2015

Interesting Gaja I didn't know that.

Boy I hope there is money to be made for them in the mobile market, the other DAWs will jump ahead in leaps and bounds if one starts lacking in progression, it would perpetuate out of control and everyone will know it.

EnochLight

19 Jul 2015

Take is free. Figure is a buck. Even with Thor and Rebirth, I seriously doubt their mobile apps are contributing much to their bottom line.

These are gateway apps, is all. Reason/RE has been and forever shall be their cash cow.

That said, there was a clip in the Windows Build 2015 conference recently that showed Figure/Take running on Windows Phone (starts at about the 7 minute 15 second mark here: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2015/KEY02), so I'll wager that we'll eventually see them appear on that platform as well as Android eventually. Just makes sense to cater to as many potential customers as possible IMHO.

GeiddE

21 Jul 2015

If I may interject my prediction ....
I predict none of this matters or will matter

Go have some fun making music
I dont like to see this amongst friends

Jagwah

22 Jul 2015

Bj6rSiCIUAAB2P7.jpg
Bj6rSiCIUAAB2P7.jpg (61.8 KiB) Viewed 2008 times

EnochLight

22 Jul 2015

Jagwah wrote:
Bj6rSiCIUAAB2P7.jpg
LOL!!! *golf clap*

• Information