Looking for a drummer.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pushedbutton

28 Jan 2015

I just can't be arsed thinking about drums so I'm looking for someone to partner up with who gets a kick out of that sort of thing. I'm not especially bothered what I end up working on, just gimmie a beat and I'll put a tune to it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Rice

28 Jan 2015

I too am looking for drummers who have the ability to add 'live' drums to tracks?

InavigableHeart

29 Jan 2015

If you guys have trouble finding the real thing, have a look at Toontrack's EZ Drummer 2. Its awesome for real sounding drums and has thousands of midi patterns and kits. Shame you can't use it directly in Reason, but it does do stand alone if you don't have another DAW. I love it.

kloeckno

29 Jan 2015

I'm down for sending some tracks, I just finished a full sized electronic kit that I made from scratch. I made them with clear acrylic shells and rims, it's pretty damn cool looking! More importantly though it plays well, mostly because I used real mesh drumheads that are almost identical to the ones used on Roland V-Drums.

motuscott

29 Jan 2015

Would love to see a pic of that Kloeckno
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

29 Jan 2015

+1 ...want to see pics or vid of those drums. :)

MarkTarlton

29 Jan 2015

how much did it cost you to make it and what are you using as the midi brain?

Lizard

29 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:I'm down for sending some tracks, I just finished a full sized electronic kit that I made from scratch. I made them with clear acrylic shells and rims, it's pretty damn cool looking! More importantly though it plays well, mostly because I used real mesh drumheads that are almost identical to the ones used on Roland V-Drums.
^^^^This ^^^^

.... would be an awesome thread on its own. Tell me more......

kloeckno

29 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:how much did it cost you to make it and what are you using as the midi brain?
I'm not sure on the cost, because I've been slowly building it and recently replaced the original pads that I made for it. Those were Remo practice pads with a contact mic in them. The clear acrylic pads were around $50-$60 each to build I would guess.

For the brain I use the Alesis Trigger IO, which is just a trigger-to-MIDI convertor that has no built-in sounds. It's around $150. That way I just use RDK and the BFD Core refills and save some money since the brains that have sounds are sometimes more expensive than my whole kit cost to build!

I'll definitely make a thread with some pictures and some video soon, I'm still putting some finishing touches on it.

Rice

29 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:I'm down for sending some tracks, I just finished a full sized electronic kit that I made from scratch. I made them with clear acrylic shells and rims, it's pretty damn cool looking! More importantly though it plays well, mostly because I used real mesh drumheads that are almost identical to the ones used on Roland V-Drums.
What styles are you most comfortable playing?

Rice

29 Jan 2015

InavigableHeart wrote:If you guys have trouble finding the real thing, have a look at Toontrack's EZ Drummer 2. Its awesome for real sounding drums and has thousands of midi patterns and kits. Shame you can't use it directly in Reason, but it does do stand alone if you don't have another DAW. I love it.
Hey thanks for this bit of info. I've heard of EZ Drummer, but have never tried it out.

InavigableHeart

30 Jan 2015

InavigableHeart wrote:If you guys have trouble finding the real thing, have a look at Toontrack's EZ Drummer 2. Its awesome for real sounding drums and has thousands of midi patterns and kits. Shame you can't use it directly in Reason, but it does do stand alone if you don't have another DAW. I love it.
Rice wrote:
Hey thanks for this bit of info. I've heard of EZ Drummer, but have never tried it out.
No problem mate, I decided to make a track with complex death metal style drums, but couldn't find anyone locally. EZ drummer filled the gap perfectly and I was able to pick and choose from a ton of great midi loops.. haha, some of them were so loose and real I had to tighten them up a little! Cost me around £160 for the plugin and metal-specific upgrades, which I thought was great value, it's my first stop for drums now.

eusti

30 Jan 2015

Wasn't there a thread about integrating Superior Drummer into Reason on the PUF at some point?
Something that was possible with the Superior Drummer, but not the EZ one...
Don't remember the details unfortunately...

Edit (found the video for it!):

D.

Lizard

31 Jan 2015

For the sake of saying it... if you need free drums I'll point you to the thread I created over HERE that has over 16 multi-sampled Acoustic Kits.  Most are designed for other platforms but I've mapped them out for Reasn.  You'll have to follow the instructions in the thread but you'll get a lot of great kits.... for free.  Here is an incomplete work of a remake of Rush's Subdivisions using the GSCW kit I host on my site CombinatorHQ

Click here to listen to Subdivisions

Carry on....

QVprod

31 Jan 2015

I've been abstaining, but since others mentioned virtual drums. Garageband Drummer is quite nice if you're on a mac. Then use this to export the midi http://scotttroyer.com/2014/05/export-m ... arageband/

T
hen use the midi with any of the many free drums in Lizard's thread.

pushedbutton

31 Jan 2015

I'm not looking for more tools, I'm looking for someone to communicate with.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

Gaja

31 Jan 2015

pushedbutton wrote:I'm not looking for more tools, I'm looking for someone to communicate with.
Are you looking for Electronic drums or live played drums?
I know good drummers (and have the possibility to record live drums in a good acoustic setting) and good electronic drum programmers. I could establish contact easily, as they are all eager to collaborate on stuff, no matter the genre (I'm helpin to build a producer network, so there are several really talented people, talented in different genres at my disposal)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

selig
RE Developer

31 Jan 2015

pushedbutton wrote:I just can't be arsed thinking about drums so I'm looking for someone to partner up with who gets a kick out of that sort of thing. I'm not especially bothered what I end up working on, just gimmie a beat and I'll put a tune to it.
I may be able to bash out something on the V-Drums here at home - I'll see if I can get inspired and come up with something wacky for you!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Echo Project Studio

31 Jan 2015

I play most any style electronic or acoustic. Are you just looking for random drum tracks?
Bobby Watson Kerrville, TXhttp://echoprojectstudio.org
https://opabobby.bandcamp.com/ 

pushedbutton

02 Feb 2015

Pretty much, yup.

Gaja

03 Feb 2015

pushedbutton wrote:Pretty much, yup.
What style? Hiphop, rock, psytrance, deep ultra fucking explicit content metal, fartstep, soul?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

pushedbutton

03 Feb 2015

All of the above would be fine.

Gaja

03 Feb 2015

Alright I'll see what I can do, but it will take some time.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

selig
RE Developer

03 Feb 2015

OK, finally got around to it. I wanted to do something "drummerly", something I wouldn't necessarily do if playing keys/pads or programming. So I sat down at the V-Drums to see what came out - I made sure to put in some changes, stops, accents, etc. to give you something to work with. Or work around. Now it's your turn.

Unless you have objections, I'll post the link here so anyone can grab this, FWIW. ;)

It's a zipped Reason 8.1 file with MIDI and audio (2 mix) tracks. No individual drums, but it's possible to do (just time consuming, one at a time…)

btw - I just realized I upgraded to 8.1 yesterday and not everyone will have even 8.0 let along 8.1. I'll post just the audio/MIDI files if you need them. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... reason.zip
Selig Audio, LLC

Echo Project Studio

04 Feb 2015

Sorry, forgot. Here's an offering. Use or trash. :wave:

Wouldn't let me attach the file. So, you can get it here.

http://echoprojectstudio.org/strg/drum-grooves-eps.zip

Bobby Watson Kerrville, TXhttp://echoprojectstudio.org
https://opabobby.bandcamp.com/ 

• Information