How do i get this grainy reverb effect?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nooomy

28 Jan 2015

Listen to it around 0:40, you will hear this really wide and grainy reverb effect
almost like white noise. How do u recreat this effect within reason? :)

and yes he is making a big room house song from slapping the toilet seat with his penis

rabu

28 Jan 2015

Sounds like a plate to me - try a redrum or kong with the sample "stikclick-02.wav" (found in the FSB), attach a RV7000 with preset "ALL 1st Plate", adjust to 50% wet.

Theo.M

28 Jan 2015

Hmm i think Rabu is right here.. It could be a smaller hall also but it definitely doesn't sound like a room reverb. You could also try tsar at ultra low density, that will do the trick.

The key here is for the graininess, to lower diffusion if the reverb has the option, as that is what is going to add the "particles sound". Also, this reverb isn't metallic, it's probably a decent quality verb where he has done just that.. lowered the diffusion. It sounds alot like arts acoustic verb to me TBH.

normen

28 Jan 2015

I think it mainly sounds so "grainy" because of the input sound which has a pretty hard attack. Pull up the ER part of the reverb, increase the initial delay, maybe simply add a short echo before the reverb to enhance that effect.

Last Alternative

28 Jan 2015

Sounds like a hall reverb. You could always tie some distortion or saturation to reverb on a send effect.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

skie

28 Jan 2015

Try slapping a Scream on you Reverb send - start out with the "tube" setting, so basically you are "dirtying" up your reverb...

Edit: this is exactly what Last Alternative just suggested, but I didn't see.  

• Information