Good video. Propellerhead criticism.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MarkTarlton

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Question- Is Hydlide Peff? It's been a mystery to me exactly who Peff is for years. Not much online really.
I can assure you that they are not! One lives in Netherlands and the other lives in California...plus Peff/Kurt Kurasaki is a freaking genius on so many levels! I have never seen him throw an insult at anyone unless he was joking. I think he might be the number one guru of everybody that has ever used Reason. He doesn't waste his time on forums...you have to go on facebook :)

reason2dance

27 Jan 2015

Nothing against nuanced and fact-bound criticism, but in my opinion this video cannot be taken seriously in the way it is presented. To my mind it's full of disrespect, degradation, discrediting and sarcasm.

Helpful for a fair and honest discussion or dialog? I'd say "no".

craven

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Just a few days ago when the shop page was updated, I thought that the logo was overlooked and could be better ... 
I realized my error when I had loaded the page on another computer.  Whoops.  
haha, I thought they overlooked the logo until now! I guess I made the same wrong assumption over the last week. Thanks for bringing this up!
:ugeek:

Bonkhead

27 Jan 2015

Peff writes good books about Reason, Hydlide swears a lot. Big difference.

bangaio

27 Jan 2015

How do I use a device?  LOOK IN YOUR MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  People these days.......

QVprod

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Question- Is Hydlide Peff? It's been a mystery to me exactly who Peff is for years. Not much online really.
Peff - RE developer. Also has a website. http://peff.com/

kloeckno

27 Jan 2015

So soundcloud is totally cool with most, but a very similar thing that works with Reason sucks? Strange logic...

And to assume that all work on Reason has stopped to work on this? Are you kidding me? Props' DSP experts aren't going to suddenly learn how to do cloud computing! Haha, come on. They hired new people more than likely, just like how they advertised that they were hiring mobile app developers a few years ago. They didn't stop progress entirely on Reason to make Take and Figure obviously.

zakalwe

27 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:So soundcloud is totally cool with most, but a very similar thing that works with Reason sucks? Strange logic...
soundcloud offers such incredible technological innovations as a 'download button'.  they host lossless formats, they work with any DAW.

it's so ridiculously restrictive even reason 7 users can't access it.  it's a square wheel that nobody will use.

pushedbutton

27 Jan 2015

Well just to prove you all wrong, (or more likely not) here's a song I did in take...

http://phead.mu/s/onYQJ4eq

Please get it lots of plays so it can be on the discover front page. thanks.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

pushedbutton wrote:Well just to prove you all wrong, (or more likely not) here's a song I did in take...

New idea!  Thanks for the inspiration!
Propellerhead should offer online songwriting and singing courses!
I felt it took too long for the vocals to come in.  Wasn't a fan of the lyrics either.  
But it's a start!  Keep working on it ;)

pushedbutton

27 Jan 2015

pushedbutton wrote:Well just to prove you all wrong, (or more likely not) here's a song I did in take...

joeyluck wrote:
I felt it took too long for the vocals to come in.  Wasn't a fan of the lyrics either.  
LMAO you got the joke then.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
pushedbutton wrote:
LMAO you got the joke then.
=P Maybe.

pushedbutton

27 Jan 2015

I can't even remember if I'm being sarcastic or post modern or not any more.

michal22

27 Jan 2015

An interesting discussion. ;)
I have a little time lately, so I will write briefly.
My opinion:
Propellerhead has not invented anything new, but they says that it is super duper technology, and they are amazing. This page is weak, discover this is nothing new.
I hear only the marketing gibberish. The Reason is missing so many things. A few years did not bring improvement. Propellerhead is deaf to requests from users. They have their own vision. For me, this is ridiculous and tacky vision. Where this is going? Discover full of garbage. What about copyright? Children with iphone throwing their works. It is not my goal. I want a professional DAW. Propellerhead closed forum. Ernst vision is paramount. It does not matter that 80% of the population does not want this. Ernst is happy and says - this is my biggest success. It's starting to be a parody. :frown:

I really want that the Reason will be a priority.
I really want to make the Propellerhead company went down in history as a great wizard software.
Recent events did not indicate this.
It reminds me of the advertising teleshopping, which tells us that we need some stupid device. Because this device is super duper technology. And in fact it is not.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

davidvilla

27 Jan 2015

I personally find this guy HILARIOUS. Some of you are way too serious around here...

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

davidvilla wrote:I personally find this guy HILARIOUS. Some of you are way too serious around here...
I think some people have a different sense of humor.  This guy went on for more than 18 minutes in a video about what he didn't like about the products he doesn't own or use.  I think the guy who made the video and the ones who defend it are the ones who are a bit too serious.  It takes an easier going person to roll with the punches than the ones who pick apart every detail and speculate that every decision made that goes against their personal preferences is causing the end of the world.  Bit much don't you think?  You can tell me I'm being a bit too serious when I release my 18 minute video ;)

hydlide

27 Jan 2015

davidvilla wrote:I personally find this guy HILARIOUS. Some of you are way too serious around here...
joeyluck wrote:
I think some people have a different sense of humor.  This guy went on for more than 18 minutes in a video about what he didn't like about the products he doesn't own or use.
Get your facts straight. I own and use reason 8.1.

EnochLight

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
I think some people have a different sense of humor.  This guy went on for more than 18 minutes in a video about what he didn't like about the products he doesn't own or use.
hydlide wrote:
Greetings Ed, thanks for chiming in.  If you're on 8.1, can you share with us why you decided to record that video using a previous version and making it a point that it wasn't compatible with Discover?  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
hydlide wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Greetings Ed, thanks for chiming in.  If you're on 8.1, can you share with us why you decided to record that video using a previous version and making it a point that it wasn't compatible with Discover?  
Excellent question.  I gathered that he only had 7.1 from the video and this comment beginning @5:04...

"If you have Reason 8.1 that is...  Uhhh...  Let's see here...  Help.  About Reason.  Reason 7.1.  How can I use this?  I can't.  Simply put.  Ok.  So I'm not going to use this service.  F*** off.  We're done."

MarkTarlton

27 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Greetings Ed, thanks for chiming in.  If you're on 8.1, can you share with us why you decided to record that video using a previous version and making it a point that it wasn't compatible with Discover?  
most likely he started using 8 and than decided he liked 7 better in terms of workflow and went back...I have seen a few folks do the same.

zakalwe

27 Jan 2015

it is a good point that it isn't compatible with reason 7 though, or actually any other audio app.  why would i collaborate with people on the basis that i own the same DAW as them?

EnochLight

27 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:most likely he started using 8 and than decided he liked 7 better in terms of workflow and went back...I have seen a few folks do the same.
hydlide wrote:Get your facts straight. I own and use reason 8.1.
It would appear to be an enigma.. 
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Iapetus 9

27 Jan 2015

Springheeled Jock wrote:it is a good point that it isn't compatible with reason 7 though, or actually any other audio app.  why would i collaborate with people on the basis that i own the same DAW as them?
That's the jist of it though. I don't often collab with peep's on my electronic music, but when I do it's mostly with peep's that use different DAW's. There's a meme somewhere in that...anyways, if this the best the PHeads can do to sway hesitant Reason users to upgrade, then good luck to em.
38L > 51D every time.

The Tone Ranger

28 Jan 2015

I didn't watch all the video or read this thread because I got bored. Why do you guys like discussing the same things over and over again? If this is going to be the direction of the forum then it won't last long.

Faastwalker

28 Jan 2015

This guy does some very good videos. This isn't one of them.

• Information