Rx2 loops issues in Reason 8!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote: No even two Octorex won't cancel but it's like that since DrREX came out in Reason 1 :D
eauhm wrote:
I've been able to confirm this. The differences are really tiny peeps in the range of 0 to 0.1dB :P
EnochLight wrote:
Curious how you two are performing your null test.  Selig's results indicate they null perfectly.  Yours don't.  

How are you performing your test?
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
Selig is right, Octorex will silence when phase polarity is reversed on playback on 2 tracks.
selig wrote:
Marco, I seem to recall this was not always true - am I imagining things?

:)
As far as I can remember the older versions weren't able to do phase cancelling on DrREX. Probably a bug which is fixed now.

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2015

while we're at it. Dr REX had a bug years ago. Never tried this since then. ReCycle has a setting for "smoothing" the attack with 1 ms. Will not cause audio clicks etc. BUT years ago I loved doing ReCycle stuff with sharp attack. Altough ReCycle saved it and played it back perfectly, Reason couldn't since it put the attack to 1 ms. Not sure if this is still going on though... might test. But damn I hate testing in a way. Feels like things are broken all the time.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jan 2015

[url=/profile/3893614 wrote:Marco Raaphorst ]

As far as I can remember the older versions weren't able to do phase cancelling on DrREX. Probably a bug which is fixed now. 
:)

Ahh, I'm probably comparing the old Dr Rex with the new Dr Octa Rex. Things are making more sense now (and this could just be the coffee taking effect this morning). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2015

what used to work might not work anymore... and vise vera. how inconvenient :)

Olivier

28 Jan 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote: No even two Octorex won't cancel but it's like that since DrREX came out in Reason 1 :D
eauhm wrote:
I've been able to confirm this. The differences are really tiny peeps in the range of 0 to 0.1dB :P
EnochLight wrote:
Curious how you two are performing your null test.  Selig's results indicate they null perfectly.  Yours don't.  

How are you performing your test?
I have to retract my previous statement. I'm not sure what i did wrong, but i can't reproduce it when testing again. For what i can see now they null completely.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Marco Raaphorst

18 Feb 2015

I had some contact with the Props about this. When running in Rewire-slave mode Reason doesn't know the tempo and will use low res timestretch. So using audio in Reason in Rewire-mode is a serious no-go area at the moment. Might be not a big issue, depending on tempo and source material but I ended up with this strange issue which I can now reproduce. 

EnochLight

18 Feb 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote:I had some contact with the Props about this. When running in Rewire-slave mode Reason doesn't know the tempo and will use low res timestretch. So using audio in Reason in Rewire-mode is a serious no-go area at the moment. Might be not a big issue, depending on tempo and source material but I ended up with this strange issue which I can now reproduce. 
Thanks for the update, Marco.  So has it been confirmed as a "bug" that will be fixed, or is it "by design"?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marco Raaphorst

18 Feb 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote:I had some contact with the Props about this. When running in Rewire-slave mode Reason doesn't know the tempo and will use low res timestretch. So using audio in Reason in Rewire-mode is a serious no-go area at the moment. Might be not a big issue, depending on tempo and source material but I ended up with this strange issue which I can now reproduce. 
EnochLight wrote:
Thanks for the update, Marco.  So has it been confirmed as a "bug" that will be fixed, or is it "by design"?
it's a feature. this is a part of the rewire protocol. a huge limitation.

in Rewire-mode, just use Reason only for synth-stuff and never put any audio on the lanes. and never ever put rx-2 files to the lanes when in slave-mode.

feels kinda strange right? that whole "Reason will never be able to run as Rewire Master".

sometimes I don't get it. the Props are making really stupid decisions sometimes.

CharlyCharlzz

18 Feb 2015

it's all these things that make Reason look like the king of the turds in the professionaal world of DAWS , I'm sick of discovering new crap every months .

so if i had this trouble without reading this before how many months would I have lost to solve this or even anderstand the troubles ???????

Props need to make some recoding with there all crap blocks , I'm not going to upgrade until they Code like grown up's ! i'm sick of playing around with a stupid toy that fail everytime to give a normal working software  .

if i turn into a cubase freak I will never comeback to Reason so I hope they Wake up insted of serving me none working crap .

Props shpuld just check there selfs  before they wreck thereselfs !

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Marco Raaphorst

18 Feb 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:it's all these things that make Reason look like the king of the turds in the professionaal world of DAWS , I'm sick of discovering new crap every months .

so if i had this trouble without reading this before how many months would I have lost to solve this or even anderstand the troubles ???????

Props need to make some recoding with there all crap blocks , I'm not going to upgrade until they Code like grown up's ! i'm sick of playing around with a stupid toy that fail everytime to give a normal working software  .

if i turn into a cubase freak I will never comeback to Reason so I hope they Wake up insted of serving me none working crap .

I have used all DAW software. And they all have their pros and cons. 

Thing is though, that some stuff is so obvious, like that Rewire Master demand which is going on for at least 10 years now. And yes, that one is super silly. 

EnochLight

18 Feb 2015

Well, we all know why ReWire Master will never happen.  Ever.   ;)   But that's a topic for another thread, I suppose.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marco Raaphorst

18 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Well, we all know why ReWire Master will never happen.  Ever.   ;)   But that's a topic for another thread, I suppose.
Really? Maybe I have forgotten about it then... please tell me why! :)

CharlyCharlzz

18 Feb 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:it's all these things that make Reason look like the king of the turds in the professionaal world of DAWS , I'm sick of discovering new crap every months .

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
I have used all DAW software. And they all have their pros and cons. 

Thing is though, that some stuff is so obvious, like that Rewire Master demand which is going on for at least 10 years now. And yes, that one is super silly. 
this is tru , all a big patching patch's bug fix party !
I think you can make a engine go faster and suck less fuel by adding a kit mod in a garrage but it can't be best then a perfect engine with a kit to make it more perfect .
old seeds can make fresh fruits but need a rich new ground , that was props 15 years ago now new ground is needed because rocks and send is replacing the ground .....

I have no idear why I say this , I love Props and Reason but with a glass of wine in the noze I feel like going to there office and ask if they need a sergent !

maybe they need some army motivation screaming to anderstand , I even think they ask for it with there R.A.F new Logo LOL :D  
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

EnochLight

18 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Well, we all know why ReWire Master will never happen.  Ever.   ;)   But that's a topic for another thread, I suppose.
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
LOL!!  I'll give you a hint...     ;)

Marco Raaphorst

18 Feb 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
LOL!!  I'll give you 
EnochLight wrote:a hint...  
EnochLight wrote:   ;)
[/b]

VST/AU?

mmm, pure speculation :P

EnochLight

18 Feb 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote: VST/AU?

mmm, pure speculation :P
More like a hypothesis.   ;)

• Information