Broke down

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
elizzle

24 Jan 2015

Finally, broke down and bought the Reason 8 upgrade ($129).  Let's see how this goes.  I'm gonna have to get used to the new sequencer either way.  I wish it would have came wit' Synchronus at least.

Do you have to buy RecYcle to bounce mp3's and wavs to rex loops?  ($249)  Gettin' rrrreaaaaal tired of this shiz Propellerhead.

EddieG

24 Jan 2015

I'm waiting to finish up a few projects and upgrade to 8 or 9 when I dont need production anymore
stratcatfl in the house !

ScuzzyEye

24 Jan 2015

You can export REX loops from Reason. You just open a track, make sure the slices are in the right place. Right click, find the Bounce sub menu, pick Bounce Clip to REX Loop. That'll make the Tool Window pop up with the new loop under All Self-Contained Samples. It should be selected, but if it isn't click on it, so it is, and then click the Export button in the bottom right.

ReCycle has some other nicer options for creating REX files, but if you just want to place slices, and export the loop you can do all that with Reason now. One thing ReCycle can't do, is open MP3s directly. You'd have to use something else to convert the MP3 to Wave before opening it.

elizzle

24 Jan 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:You can export REX loops from Reason. You just open a track, make sure the slices are in the right place. Right click, find the Bounce sub menu, pick Bounce Clip to REX Loop. That'll make the Tool Window pop up with the new loop under All Self-Contained Samples. It should be selected, but if it isn't click on it, so it is, and then click the Export button in the bottom right.

ReCycle has some other nicer options for creating REX files, but if you just want to place slices, and export the loop you can do all that with Reason now. One thing ReCycle can't do, is open MP3s directly. You'd have to use something else to convert the MP3 to Wave before opening it.

Thank you!  I wasn't double clicking on the .mp3 loop.  I was just trying to bounce it straightaway.  When you double click on the loop it puts all the slices down.  Once you see the slices then you can bounce to a REXfile.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

5mile

24 Jan 2015

elizzle wrote:
ScuzzyEye wrote:You can export REX loops from Reason. You just open a track, make sure the slices are in the right place. Right click, find the Bounce sub menu, pick Bounce Clip to REX Loop. That'll make the Tool Window pop up with the new loop under All Self-Contained Samples. It should be selected, but if it isn't click on it, so it is, and then click the Export button in the bottom right.

elizzle wrote:  
Thank you!  I wasn't double clicking on the .mp3 loop.  I was just trying to bounce it straightaway.  When you double click on the loop it puts all the slices down.  Once you see the slices then you can bounce to a REXfile.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah that threw me for a loop at first also as far as the bounce to Rex option being greyed out
Then I dbl clicked and got my slices :)

Upright

25 Jan 2015

I've been thinking about buying it as well....just for the sharing/discovery stuff between Figure and Take.

Benedict
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2015

Upright wrote:I've been thinking about buying it as well....just for the sharing/discovery stuff between Figure and Take.
Just be aware that (for now at least) the share is only an audio render.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Upright

25 Jan 2015

Benedict wrote: Just be aware that (for now at least) the share is only an audio render.

:)
Ah yes....thanks Benedict. :D

elizzle

26 Jan 2015

Im diggin the changes. The workflow works well. I am also liking how easy it is to pencil in notes now. I came from flstudio so it seems all natural to me. Before i used to record the notes i wanted and the quantized it or fixed it to my liking.

I also am demoing parsec so I got QUITE a bit to mess around with. For 30 days.....

Faastwalker

26 Jan 2015

elizzle wrote:Finally, broke down and bought the Reason 8 upgrade ($129).
Feel like I'm close to doing the same. I want the features of Reason 8, even though I'm not convinced that they are worth the upgrade price. Would be different is the SoftTube amps were something I'd actually use properly. Would have been good if there was an option to choose which devices you got with Reason 8. Maybe if the choices were between the 2 amps and the 2 similarly priced SoftTube Delay and Reverb. I would have been all over Reason 8 then ;-) Doesn't feel like I'd be getting the SoftTubes amps for free because they are not something I'd ever buy standalone.

elizzle

26 Jan 2015

Yea, I agree.  There are several non guitar playing REason users that don't benefit much from this upgrade.  I was just being nice because of all the nasty things I said though.   I single handedly feel responsible for the demise of ReasonForums.

SoulState

28 Jan 2015

Faastwalker wrote:
elizzle wrote:Finally, broke down and bought the Reason 8 upgrade ($129).
Feel like I'm close to doing the same. I want the features of Reason 8, even though I'm not convinced that they are worth the upgrade price. Would be different is the SoftTube amps were something I'd actually use properly. Would have been good if there was an option to choose which devices you got with Reason 8. Maybe if the choices were between the 2 amps and the 2 similarly priced SoftTube Delay and Reverb. I would have been all over Reason 8 then ;-) Doesn't feel like I'd be getting the SoftTubes amps for free because they are not something I'd ever buy standalone.
Remember guys. You don't have to buy R8 upgrade from the P/head site.
Shop around; eBay, amazon, music store etc. you'll get it much cheaper. I saved about £30 that way.
:reason:

rvman

28 Jan 2015

elizzle wrote: Finally, broke down and bought the Reason 8 upgrade ($129).  Let's see how this goes.  I'm gonna have to get used to the new sequencer either way.  I wish it would have came wit' Synchronus at least.

Do you have to buy RecYcle to bounce mp3's and wavs to rex loops?  ($249)  Gettin' rrrreaaaaal tired of this shiz Propellerhead.
I got Synchronus with R7 last year and I've yet to use it.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

ionly

28 Jan 2015

"I got Synchronus with R7 last year and I've yet to use it."

Same here. Unappreciated freebies often gather dust.

O/T: I have a box full of freebie Xmas socks and *ahem* nice colourful jumpers I need to pass on. Anyone with hypothermia and impaired fashion-sense in need? I can dump them in your garden free of charge.

• Information