Break some rules

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dvdrtldg

23 Jan 2015

I've been working on a track for a few days. Got bored with it at one point, so I had a play around in the master section - threw in some heavy-handed processing with Scream, Trident EQ and Softube FET, just to see how the whole thing sounded when bent out of shape a bit. Verdict: not bad, but needs more work. So I hit Bypass on the master section and kept working.

After a couple more days' mixing I finally had it sounding great. Finished it this morning and then went back to the master section to see about giving it a final polish. Discovered that actually, I hadn't hit Bypass on the master section at all, and had been mixing through Scream/Trident/FET on heavy settings for two solid days. A big no-no in production terms but the results are excellent.

So there you go! rules are meant to be broken.

Last Alternative

23 Jan 2015

There are no rules but there are common practices. Most great results are done by accident. Glad you discovered something that works for you.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information