Uh Oh, click the "my orders" button on the new site.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wikholm

24 Jan 2015

I've been thinking a bit, about how cheap these things actually have become. Say I wouldn't have bought Reason, no ReFills, no Rack Extensions, nothing. Say I would, instead, have saved €19 each month since 2001 (when I got R 1.0). Then I would be able to buy ONE new Teletronix Leveling Amplifier Model LA-2A. Next year.

Sure, that's not what an amateur would buy first, but think about how much actual hardware this kind of money would get you. If you had to start buying in 2001, you'd by now perhaps own a recorder, a mixer, two synths, three effects and a drum machine (not counting mics and other things Reason doesn't replace).

Plus, the virtual stuff doesn't make the living room (or whatever) look like a factory.

Theo.M

25 Jan 2015

i feel sick. $4675 just at the prop store, including reason, RE's, upgrades, refills. Imagine how much worse it would have been if i didn't get some NFR's from testing.. WOW..
also, NOT including Navi bundle, stuff from nucleus, other refills.. 5K US for sure.. 6K AUD for sure..

I feel sick, that's a year of car payments, or a nice really nice holiday, i haven't been anywhere out of melbourne since 2008.. 

I really really feel sick with myself, but even more so, because last night after hitting major complications with this new song I am working on, and wanting to finish it in Logic (but not doing so because i wanted to do it all in Reason on principle), i decided I am probably not staying around much longer as I kept on constantly hitting Reason's limitations - max cpu, no pdc, no sample accurate audio editing, no large vertical zoom in arrange page, spending 1hr or more every day on the authoriser losing my RE's and then fighting to get them back.. it all added up and really got to me...

it gets worse again cause only $399 (R7) + $129 (R8) is transferrable. I wish I didn't read this topic, i am so depressed now at what I have done. The thing is, half of it is buying stuff that was the best solution at the time and replacing it with better stuff as it came along, and never using the older stuff again.  O M G i could have had 6 K in the bank, or at least 4K and bought SHIT HOT kontakt libraries, waves mercury, or nexus complete or something. And it's not like I even own half the RE's available. Well, maybe half.

I don't know what to do to feel better, so i think I will go and buy bitspeek.

jfrichards

25 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote:i feel sick. $4675 ...
You can't even get two Avalon 737's for that.  You're way ahead of the game Theo.  Enjoy all the great stuff you have.  Keep working on that song.  Break on through to the other side.  You're gonna feel like a whole new person when it's done.  A lot of people spend way more than that just at Starbucks.

ebop

25 Jan 2015

Theo, you win with $4,675 ;)

I thought I was doing awesome with $2,445 of REs alone. Although it's a lot, I don't regret it as my tracks are much better with REs and that's all the justification I need to spend that much. I had a few work bonuses and holiday pays that were invested straight into long desired RE synths, verbs, comps and eqs. All good, but like the OP said, don't tell my wife please....secret squirrel.

Question about RE legacy, can we 'donate' out account to someone? Just give them the login details? Like in handing them over to my son for example when I'm done with it all. We can do that eh?

Fretless Fingers

26 Jan 2015

Looking at a grand total of 1225 here but 1480.99 for a full Propellerhead total

This includes my 249.00 purchase of Record from zZounds. I ended up paying the more due to how I bought it but as I was using my mentors old Reason 3 copy for a year I just took the hit
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

iammane

09 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:i feel sick. $4675 ...
jfrichards wrote:
You can't even get two Avalon 737's for that.  You're way ahead of the game Theo.  Enjoy all the great stuff you have.  Keep working on that song.  Break on through to the other side.  You're gonna feel like a whole new person when it's done.  A lot of people spend way more than that just at Starbucks.
I just did some quick math, this should make you feel better.

Let's just say the average price of a drink at Starbucks is 6 bucks, which I think is pretty close depending on the person and what they get. Five times a week (though I bet some people are 7) * 52 weeks a year comes out to a whopping $1,560. If that's what you've spent since you STARTED USING Reason as a whole, I'd say that's not shabby.

All those people sucking down 1,500 bucks worth of Starbucks... well... we know where that's ending up ;)

zeebot

09 Feb 2015

REs + upgrade from R6-R7 = 701 euro
doesn't include original purchase of R6 and about 500 euro on refills from various sellers.
I'd say I've spent about 1500 euros all together on my reason adventure since 2011...I'm ok with that 
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

zakalwe

09 Feb 2015

$757 on upgrades and RE.  think i got the original reason 2 boxed version for $250 on offer so $1000 to propellerheads.  :shock:

think i'd better use it lol

trimph1

10 Feb 2015

I am not looking...nope...not looking at all.

I do know of at least three people who have 4 of Starbucks $5. lattes and do this every day of the week...so...$5x4x7daysx52 weeks of the year= $7280....in 1 year!!!!! :s0106: :shock: :shock:
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

Actually considering that I don't smoke anymore and have worked out my e cig savings to be exactly 5350 per year over normal tobacco, i actually don't feel so bad about my RE/refill/reason investment right now.. putting things into perspective hey.. would much rather spend money on audio tools than on polluting my lungs..And i don't drink coffee.. hehe!

Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Actually considering that I don't smoke anymore and have worked out my e cig savings to be exactly 5350 per year over normal tobacco, i actually don't feel so bad about my RE/refill/reason investment right now.. putting things into perspective hey.. would much rather spend money on audio tools than on polluting my lungs..And i don't drink coffee.. hehe!
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Aye, I don't smoke for more than 17 months now, saved a bit money if consider that Snus is a way cheaper in my use than cigs, but you don't have Snus in Australia, lol!

We were talking with my Australian friend from FB about Snus & he really would like to try it one day lol!

P.S. E-Cigs are about nothing as for me! :D
Nah man it's all about the motion and inhale/exhale for me. The white cloud e cigs I am on are such high quality, that i feel it is a far superior and more satisfying experience than smoking! I looooooove "vaping", but of course, different strokes and all that!

zeebot

10 Feb 2015

I gave up smoking about 5 years ago and with the money I saved the first year I bought an excellent Canon HD camcorder (when HD was still not the norm). I then realised that my computer wasn't powerful enough to run 1080p MTS files so I spent another shitload on upgrading my computer. Giving up smoking cost me about 2 grand all told :)
Still, I feel healthier and since then have spent the 'smoking money' on some of the best holidays I've had in my life.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

TheMiles

10 Feb 2015

Nah man it's all about the motion and inhale/exhale for me. The white cloud e cigs I am on are such high quality, that i feel it is a far superior and more satisfying experience than smoking! I looooooove "vaping", but of course, different strokes and all that!

vaping +1 :)

Attachments
vaping_happily.gif
vaping_happily.gif (366.72 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Nah man it's all about the motion and inhale/exhale for me. The white cloud e cigs I am on are such high quality, that i feel it is a far superior and more satisfying experience than smoking! I looooooove "vaping", but of course, different strokes and all that!
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Well aith mate, but note that it's always about nicotine lol or else I wouldn't use Snus! ;)

Inhale/exhale & some thing in the hand it's just an excuse, really, but suit yourself nonetheless, mate, I'm just saying! :D
zeebot wrote:I gave up smoking about 5 years ago and with the money I saved the first year I bought an excellent Canon HD camcorder (when HD was still not the norm). I then realised that my computer wasn't powerful enough to run 1080p MTS files so I spent another shitload on upgrading my computer. Giving up smoking cost me about 2 grand all told  :)
Still, I feel healthier and since then have spent the 'smoking money' on some of the best holidays I've had in my life.
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Adorable, mate, you did great! Healthy spirit!

I just realized well, not now surely, a bit later I counted that I had spent like 10k $ overall on cigs, but it's not even near if take all the drugs & alco, I bet that number can be like in times more, over let's say I'm 27 now, started in 14 so say 12 years! :) So more than 50k $ lol, even recently I spent Reason lol & a few little RE's, not good!

So I shouldn't moaning at all, but I still want my RE's to be sold lol, Jim cost much here! :D

No big regrets so far, tho!
I get lots of nictotine..but i also did from patches and strips and nicotine inhalers.. nothing worked.. e cigs did. because it still feels like i am smoking. In 5 weeks already my lungs are cleared out.. and i have already lowered to low nicotine level.. with the aim to go to zero by the middle of the year.. I love the vanilla and bora bora flavours.. they remind me of black devil cigarettes from europe which were my favourite.

My sense of smell has come back. I am now grossly offended by smoke. My best friend came over and walked in and his breath overwhelmed me. I can't believe i inhaled BURNING FUMES into my lungs for so many years. Never again.

Edit: One word of spelling.

gullum

10 Feb 2015

adds up to $3720 in Reason/Record + upgrades RE's and Refills and there are still a few RE's I want now that would not have been possible if I were not single :P  

3rd Floor Sound

11 Feb 2015

$58  O.o
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Theo.M

11 Feb 2015

I just realised something.. the prices on that page are not always what one pays.. for example, with RP stuff i paid crossgrade prices due to having the vst's but the full price is listed. Same with some specials. I am sure this would have to apply to some others here too. So now I will go through it again and work out what i have actually spent. Adding up the numbers there is not going to be accurate in many cases.

challism

14 Feb 2015

No shocker for me there, I've already tallied up my totals.  Looks like I still remember how to do math. 
Now if only they could implement some kind of sort by price feature in the shop.......
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information